Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank Tests

(PSN)hiltaldo

On 04/04/2018 at 6:04 PM, BlackCoMerc said:

I quit doing those missions period the day DE turned the fun off by giving power canceling to EVERY TARGET EVER.

These missions SHOULD have been a creative showcase for using powers to capture targets. Bonus to not being detected. To no shots fired. To no kills. That I tell needs to be worthwhile and of the enemy KNOWS YOU WERW THERE this.means you FAILED. 

Oh, you might have the target. But the enemy is scrapping every plan they knew about. So...largely wasted effort.

What I have found is that Warframe is like a zombie apocalypse horde type shooter in part. So whilst I agree that capture basically is a chase down. melee and shoot the target in submission and then go for the loot type affair I kind of think it is similar to survival where you are you are noisy ninja. As an olgd person I remember the days of half life where as a game it had more depth. The quests bring a little of that but in fairness there are not many games which are a patch on half life for tension and surprises and things to work out.

The problem I see with the test is not that they are seen as a gate but that they end up being the sort of skills you need before the test yet you wouuld not know that until the tests are revealed. Simply put they should be training and not a test.

Now some would argue that the Dojo is the place where you train but for the casual player I think it would be hard to do. I am in between contracts so I spend a few afternoons grinding through as a noob. Is it an interesting game? yes it is are there flaws obviously (although I am comparing it to half life which is seminal ) but in the modern genre of gaming this one does seem to attract a huge following. 

8 hours ago, CityOfVillians said:

Since it's just a gate how about offering us the option of Platinum. We can pay for warframes or farm. Then we could pass the test or pay.

I'd think that would be an alternative but if to play the game well you need these skills owuld it not be better to change the experience from a test to part of a training camp or such