Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts On Arid Fear (Mildly Long)

SkyeAuroline

I think they did a lot of things better than their previous events, as it allowed anyone to come together without having to directly organize things like Corrupters. The downside however was being a void key, because you really could just enter any public game like you could in in the previous events, so you really had to have a group together beforehand in order to get the full points per run.

The thing I liked the least is the inability for players with slow connections to host void runs or give them to somebody who can. It forced me to "leech" others' void runs without being able to contribute datamasses or ciphers, making me feel a little guilty by the time I was done. Worse, the system you had pugs rely on to team up for corpus void runs broke down multiple times to a point where you couldn't invite anyone not on your friends list or even message other people in your squad without relogging.

Yeah, seems like the main complaint everyone shares is that no one likes the key system :P

I know its a LoL character but I didnt play that game enough to know if thats a specific reference, or a point of some kind, you'll need to explain with words. sorry.

That character is a rock and is hard, which is why the phrase "caught between a rock and a hard place" is in bold.

Personally, I think DE are doing a good job at trying to encourage teamplay. What they're not good at are catering to the solo player and taking into account the people who actually have a life and a job. I mean, come on. The top player in the ranking has close to 3000 points. I don't know how many hours he poured into this event, but I have a job and a family.

I've played intermittently the entire weekend and still only managed 85ish points. I've been helping some of my friends get keys and doing a few runs inbetween, but I simply cannot spend 4 days straight running this crap. Now I'm unable to get the top tier reward, simply because some people have WAY WAY <repeat way a couple of times here> WAY too much time on their hands. That sucks and makes me feel rather annoyed.

I've put a few hundred euros in this game already, but not to let some punk teenagers with nothing to do rob me of a few bytes of reward. Yes, it's only some digital thing. It's only a bit of e-peen. I've been working for it and now I cannot get it. That bugs the crap out of me. Don't make me "pay" for the fact that some folks can afford to spend every waking second of their meaningless lives on this.