Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Event's Length For The Clan Competition.

CubedOobleck

TL;DR: From a clan standpoint this event was almost too long, read on to know why.

The clan rewards (the statues) require a clan to have more captures than others, it's a competition and of course to compete a clan's grind needs to be intense for the whole length of the event. So from this perspective the longer the event is the more burdensome it gets.
Especially for the smaller tiers you can compare this to a team sport: a soccer match lasts 90 minutes because any longer and the players would be too tired to play; in a similar way I find that the 2 days is the optimal length for clan competition, 3 days is the most you can expect before even the committed clan members loose their resolve and what good is a competition if it ends up with mass forfeit?

Not to mention that we couldn't even estimate the length of the event because it was unexpectedly increased by emptying the progress bar not once, but twice and as if that weren't enough they all filled up at very different speeds.

An additional problem to the event is the undefined podium: just saying 'The top clans' is so incredibly vague: it's plural so I'd hope it will be more than one for tier (3? 5? 10?), but it could also mean 'The top clans, [1 of each tier]'; not knowing any of this is extremely frustrating for us competitors. 

Edited by CubedOobleck

The problem I have with this event is saying it is on for an amount of time, then once all the progress bars are complete just simply cutting the operation short and saying that "These keys cannot be used" in order to enter the void and finish off obtaining how ever many points you need for the mod rewards, but whatever. I guess the entitled do need to feel special.

EDIT: Also, it would be nice if the rewards were appropriately set out at the start rather than halfway through an operation. I can imagine how many people didn't bother to go back a few times after they went into the corpus void the first few times before DE announced the new dual stat mod rewards.

Edited by Lakortha

The problem I have with this event is saying it is on for an amount of time, then once all the progress bars are complete just simply cutting the operation short and saying that "These keys cannot be used" in order to enter the void and finish off obtaining how ever many points you need for the mod rewards, but whatever. I guess the entitled do need to feel special.

EDIT: Also, it would be nice if the rewards were appropriately set out at the start rather than halfway through an operation. I can imagine how many people didn't bother to go back a few times after they went into the corpus void the first few times before DE announced the new dual stat mod rewards.

Ye I noticed the mod rewards only today, grinded a lot, and stranded at 91 points, bummer :p Edited by PiefPoefPaf

This is my thought. I was busy all weekend, but returned last night. I made a valiant effort, and got 59 points, but real life got in the way. I had some work to do to prepare for today, but looked at the event duration, and it said 4 days left. No problem; I can just finish up Monday afternoon after work. I log on, now, and the event is over, and I can't use the keys I farmed components for last night. I'm unable to get an important pistol mod.

I logged on excited to continue my contribution to the event. I logged off less than 5 minutes later. It's hugely discouraging for this to happen, and it doesn't really bode well. I am very much not a fan of exclusive items, especially when they are more than visual flair, and have a noticeable impact on the game. Sure, the event should probably be the easy way to get the rewards, but what if you simply cannot play for those couple days? Too bad? Find another game to play? I'd like to see how they address this, because I'm guessing I'm not the only person in this boat.