Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Phobos Looks... Odd.

MASimon

First of all: Thank you! You have done a great job all around! ;).

I Love the new critters aswell.

This is meant to be constructive feedback.

----- Can we please get a high-res patch?

I understand there are some who need a lowres environment to play, but ...huh really?

2lwm.jpg

----- Rock Textures

Phobos looks odd, because of the weird, somehow out of place stone textures. They look like hand drawn cardboard images. Almost reminiscent of a low-res Borderlands.

A style which just doesen't bode well with warframe.

Maybe its just the choice of texture shader?

These nice metal textures just look out fo place when fused with the stone background.

f9xk.jpg

----- Models

While almost all of the previous tile-sets looked organic, rounded etc. the desert models look really low res and edgy.

Having those pipes stick out of stone walls without any sort of connection looks very unorganic.

Edit: With "organic" I tried to describe things like this:

See how the second one looks way more placed & connected? Currently most things are placed almost randomly.

zvd7.jpg

Now onto playing some more! :)

Edited by MASimon

The grineer aren't supposed to look "organic" in comparison to the corpus. 

Yes they are. Thats the entire style of the grineer, they have a makeshift cheap style to them. The corpus have a luxurious geometric streamlined look to them.

Grineer: Rough cut, industrial, organic.

Corupus: Refined, Commercial, Geometric.

Rocks are difficult to skin efficiently.  Pipes can tile and mirror textures, but rocks must be uniquely skinned all the way around.  Rocks of this size also have a huge surface area, lowering texel density.  And if the rocks in question are deformed terrain surfaces, it gets even more difficult.

As for merging pipes with rocks... You'd need seperate models for each instance of one model being next to another, or you'd need to place half a dozen small generic connector models.

I noticed the low-res backgrounds yeah. I was slightly disappointed.

In addition to that I noticed color correction tends to pick random colors when setting the tint for the map, making it either orange (expected), yellow or pink.

I also expected more sand... and I wanted to shoot some Jawas in the desert :P

I noticed the low-res backgrounds yeah. I was slightly disappointed.

In addition to that I noticed color correction tends to pick random colors when setting the tint for the map, making it either orange (expected), yellow or pink.

I also expected more sand... and I wanted to shoot some Jawas in the desert :P

The sad thing is, new grineer settlements don't feel like settlements. Tatooine is miles ahead from this one. It feels like I'm playing Quake4 without graphics: same poor site plan, same pointless buildings, same poor roads, nothing got personalized. It's not a settlement, it's a grave of commie ghosts.

Edited by Icouldjustkissyou

The sad thing is, new grineer settlements don't feel like settlements. Tatooine is miles ahead from this one. It feels like I'm playing Quake4 without graphics: same poor site plan, same pointless buildings, same poor roads, nothing got personalized. It's not a settlement, it's a grave of commie ghosts.

Odd. I made the quake 4 comparison to my friend earlier.

Yeah they don't really feel like settlements. More like what they really are, which is outposts. Specifically, grineer =='s of the corpus outpost maps. Some indoors, some outsidey stuff.  What confounds me is like, the carved stone temples.

Who the F*** carved out ancient stone temples into the rock of a tiny S#&$ty moon on mars?

AND WHY IS THE GRAVITY SO STRONG HERE. AND WHY IS THERE BREATHABLE ATMOSPHERE?

the grineer terraformed a tiny moon. Okay. I'll take that.