Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parkour/free Running Suggestions.

Goodwill

It goes without say that one of the features that drew me to this game is the parkour/free running you can do in Warframe. So far, I would have to say that it feels fairly smooth for me but I do have a few problems with it.

One of my first problems is with obstacles that are your height or shorter. To get over these, you need to actually jump over them which I find tends to expose me a lot and really breaks the flow of your run. My suggestion is maybe when the [shift] key is held down, it will allow you to auto-vault over short objects so you can still keep a low profile and keep up your speed. Only downside that needs to be considered is people auto-vaulting over objects they don't want to and the only way I can see that being remedied is finding the right threshold of when the vault will activate.

Wall running is really nice in my opinion and I have little problems with it, but I do believe the vault from it should be a bit more grounded. Like when you run up a wall and simply back flip, you have that sense and feeling of gravity. But vaulting horizontally from a wall, as useful as the speed is, just feels inconsistent to me. Being someone who has done parkour before, vaulting off of a wall like that is harder than a vertical oriented vault. I do get the right feel of "weight" with the wall running, but the vault really makes it feel out of place. I know this suggestion won't be received well as I will admit, the ridiculous acceleration from the vault is very useful for traversing terrain fast and making yourself a hard target. But the feel of it just doesn't seem right to me. Plus the fact that you can run on the wall for as long as you have stamina I believe will compensate for using the vault to cross gaps.

The ability to stagger enemies using a Kamen Rider kick (fly kick) I absolutely love. One of the best gimmicks of the parkour in Warframe in my opinion. This is a pretty trivial suggestion, but I think it would be nice if the ground slide staggered as well. I mean, speaking in terms of form, it isn't like the enemies have, or do ever adopt a well grounded stance to prevent stagger from leg impacts.

A bit off topic maybe, but I think it will also be nice if there were mods (or a mod) that increased how quickly your Warframe can transition from parkour maneuvers. And still going on that, a mod that increased the impact of the flying kick. In anycase, back onto transitioning, the maneuvers are slightly varied when focused in on your weapon, being much more controlled and allowing you to stay oriented. However, after performing one dodge, there is a notable gap in time before you can perform another maneuver. One thing I think Warframe can improve on, is maneuvers that focus around being able to dodge, while still keeping your target in focus during and after the maneuver.

Here is something you can do for short things-

While sprinting or something click jump and your button for roll at the same time. You will then do a frontflip forward such as you would from the combo Sprint>Slide>Jump that results in a flip, but you wouldn't have to slide. I use that a lot. I hit the ground in a roll then keep movin.

Here is something you can do for short things-

While sprinting or something click jump and your button for roll at the same time. You will then do a frontflip forward such as you would from the combo Sprint>Slide>Jump that results in a flip, but you wouldn't have to slide. I use that a lot. I hit the ground in a roll then keep movin.

I do that where possible, but depending on the space, you don't have time to wind up into that combo. I guess one example would be one of the Corpus tilesets that require you to climb up the boxes to get into the ducts.