Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A few thoughts on Warframes endgame and wishes for the upcoming new endgame

EarthRed

Hi!

I have about 200 hours of Warframe on steam at the moment. I play in a coordinating group of friends, and we do a lot of our playing together. At the moment we're getting used to the current endgame; each of us has a few primed mods that are upped or almost upped, as well as most of the cursed mods from the derelicts, a few rivens, many prime frames et cetera. The problem we seem to face is that we can't usually be able to find endgame content that is both challenging and fun, as well as yields enough rewards for the time spent in a mission. Aside from a few tier 3 sortie missions and the highest level defense/survival missions (having to grind for 30-40min to get decent levels and spawn amounts), there doesn't seem to be enough challenge. Sure, in terms of challenge, if we play alone we can see the challenge, but at the moment the game doesn't seem to scale very well for group play, which to me is a big problem. That brings us to my second point. Even if one plays alone, and regardless of if one plays alone or in a group, mathematically speaking it's still far more profitable to just quit after C-rotation rewards and just start over instead of doing long endurance runs, since investing a lot of time and effort into endurance runs really doesn't yield sufficient rewards, even when running endless fissures. That's two things I'd love for you to address in the future.

When I heard about the new endgame with several new engaging mechanics, such as void stability and portals opening up every few minutes, I was thrilled. This would be a concrete answer to the problem we'd been discussing with my endgame running group. We would be getting endgame content on demand that didn't require us to wait for random boss drops or grind dull low level waves of enemies for an hour just to get things going. The sole fact that you have been planning this kind of content means that you care about the endgame and plan on expanding it, which is fantastic. I would like to note a few things that to me are very important things to keep in mind: the content should scale well for group play, and rewards should be concrete enough for it to be worth it to play for more than a few waves at a time. Using up mod slots for cosmetics is a cool idea, but in essence not something that makes the game more fun, and might even end up being a purely frustrating element at worst.

Hope someone at DE reads this,

Kind regards, and hope to hear your thoughts on this.

Edited by EarthRed