Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Material Conversion, Or "what To Do With All These Nano Spores?"

ZyloWolfzan

I'm sure this has been put out there before, but hey, I'm not doing anything else right now, so I'll go ahead and throw it out there.

Everyone has that one resource they need a TON of, and just cannot get. For most people these days, it seems to be Plastids, for others it's Control Modules, or maybe Circuits, whatever it may be, running the same mission again, and again, and again, and again, just to grind out enough materials for that next Fieldron/Weapon/Warframe part etc. tends to get annoying, especially when we have thousands, ten thousands, hundreds of thousands of another material, that we almost NEVER use. So, why not have a place, maybe a blackmarket shop run by some crazed Corpus who escaped their tech-worshipping society, or maybe just a Tenno lab that was set up just for things like this, somewhere to take materials that are similar to what you're trying to get (Nano Spores for Plastids/Neurodes, Ferrite for Rubedo/Morphics, etc.) and you either fuse them together, purify them, or just trade them for a different material? Trading a hundred Nano Spores for a handful of Plastids, or that huge pile of Ferrite you've had forever for enough Rubedo to build that Gorgon you always wanted. Generally just a way to take the large stockpiles of materials we never use, and actually make use of them, by turning them into/trading them in for materials we actually DO need. This would cut down on repeated replaying of missions just to farm a specific material, and would let you play more missions you actually ENJOY, and trade in the materials you got from those for what you need. It wouldn't cut down on Grinding really, it would just change where you had to do it, while at the same time actually letting you make use of the billions of nano spores(or whatever common mat clogs up your specific inventory) that you're never, ever going to spend on anything.

signed just a thought, I think it would help make the game a bit less 'grind mission X to win' and more 'Let's go play what we want, and get what we need at the same time via mat conversion'

Zylo the Wolfbane

I do agree with this heavily.

Coming from someone with 200K Nano Spores, this would make me burst into tears.

Though, I have to add in that since these materials are already being sold for cash currency (Platinum) the players who have already made a purchase with that currency toward one of the following materials would be pretty upset to find that there 500K Nano Spores could have done the same thing.

Edited by Pedro

I found out that my clan's dojo had elevators under construction, so I soloed the nano-spore contribution for each and every one.  Still didn't dent my nano-spore supply.

On our way to phobos to farm pieces for the miter, we had heard that the boss was extremely disappointing to people....we had concluded that he probably drops nano-spores.

I kind of hate the idea, but when Nano spores are hitting the tens of thousands and I'm nearly out of orokin cells, rubedo and cotrol modules this is an excellent idea.

Now, how shall I use my nano spores... burn em, chuck 'em at a mob, or give them to whomever has the most nano spores....

What if this comment is made out of nano spores that look like ones and zeros?

What if the answer to life, the universe, and everything is nano spores? (Why did I force myself to write this refrence)

Edited by omgeveryone9