Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A few things to expand the dojo building system (a thread for those with an eye for architecture and design)

PhoenixOfTheLost

So I know the dojo system had an update and a very nice update it was. I just now realized how fun it is actually build a dojo after finding a person to start a clan from scratch of PS4. It's awesome to make the dojo how you would Invision it, have something in mind and build it without being in a 5 year clan where you have no ability to build or be creative while the chat is filled with 5 year players looking down at you like the typical veterans, messing with new players and driving them away with their high and mighty attitude, no offense to those 5 year vets who are nothing like that, it's just annoying to see long term players driving off newer players from a game like Warframe. Let's move on before we get even more off topic.

So you see so many clans with a dojo that is just a maze, dead ends everywhere, one path from point A to point B that practically NEED teleporters or else you'll get lost and elevators scattered throughout. You see clans that might as well be only one room because it's the prettiest, only interesting, decorated and has everything in that single room to remove the actual point of other rooms while the rest is just random corridors and connectors you have no need to even visit because there is little structure to them with no real style. Sometimes this isn't the case but that's often times rather rare...

For me, I have a visual idea of what the dojo me and this person are building, not just filling one room with flowers and statues, not just making a maze of dead ends. I imagine an organized floorplan with multiple ways to get to where you need to go, the places you don't need to visit being in the heart and underbelly in an organized fashion with fog in the hallway to signify that you're in the part of the dojo where you'll only find reactors, barracks and the Oracle maybe. But there is one major problem that stands out above all else...

We can't make an actual floorplan because something might not line up properly or we don't know if something will fit and connect nicely, loop around to make a second pathway, know if an elevator up or down will line up with another node or not have the room for other rooms off of it. If we could do that, things would be so much easier for those who want to make an amazing dojo with thought and planning put into it without wasting time building just to find out that doesn't work or you weren't paying attention to the space or energy you had and now you have to destroy all you worked towards because you were a Builder without a Blueprint and everything just came crumbling down.

The focus of a clan's Dojo is the look and design right? To express the clan itself? If we want to make an alluring Dojo like a Tenno Architect, this is a perfect addition to the system.

There is another thing I noticed as I took a look at the forms to see what else might be on the main page (yes, hate me all you want for only looking at the main page) and that's the ability to move and organize rooms.

This could help fix the messy Dojos that need a good remodeling and it would be a great tool for any Dojo Architect (I feel like that should be a thing. I now Identify and a Dojo Architect.)

Now this is my last idea and that is adding more types of rooms, I am fully aware of the fact that more seem to have been added at some point and I think some were just added as well, but I mean something that isn't just these small "Dead End" reactors or awfully flashy grand halls, gardens and the basic connectors.

I'm talking about really big, multi-level reactors with expensive costs and huge payouts, rooms where the walkway decorations will fit thematically, really big arenas for either duals or free-for-all clan battles with room for customization and some of those walkways and more. Rack your brain thinking about what could be added as rooms and what could be used to make an even more interesting Dojo.

It doesn't need to just be bigger versions of existing rooms, it could be something like gathering rooms, seemingly empty rooms, multi-level rooms or something super cool, flashy and creative that will instantly make those old Dojos that have been around for 5 years feel out-of-date and make those long time players want to go back to the drawing board and make an even bigger and better Dojo than before. 

Let people see the full layout of the dojo they created and let them see what needs improvement and what can be expanded upon and make that possible. People may not want to scrap what they already have or sacrefice convenience for architecture, but that's their choice, others will definitely like these additions.

As a further notice, I like the idea (love infact) of a way to donate resources like forma and stuff to a Clan Treasury so whenever something is available it would automatically contribute. Of course there is the case of existing rooms getting nothing from it but it makes things sooooo much quicker when you can place a room an it is already building or start a research and it is already researching. Quick, easy, convenient. You can also make an option to draw resources from this little Treasury thing to make everything easier other than the game picking a room at random.

I have no idea how to close this tread out, so I'll just cut it off here.