Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Request "waiting For Host" Mid-Game, Got Booted Wave 20 T3 Defense

Cyrosage

Just ran a long T3 Defense, 20 waves.  Host was getting laggier the last couple waves, likely couldn't handle the 4000 blue orbs and all the enemies at once very well.  Wave 20 starts, I blow stuff up, I get "Lost connection to Host, Have Fun Sobbing at the Main Menu" message, well, something similar :)

Since players host the matches, and may lag due to hardware rather than network, could we get a "Waiting for Host" splash while the game tries to resync?  You could throw in a timer to prevent getting locked.

Seriously, I wasted a LOT of time on those 20 rounds and got absolutely nothing.  I've been playing this game a lot and my interest has been waning after hitting mastery 11, but that was a tough blow.  To make it worse, that was my first T3 Defense.  My PC ran fine, the host just couldn't keep up.  No attempted migration or anything.

TL;DR:  Kicked to main menu for host lag.  Want "waiting for host/resync" option since host migration didn't occur.

well, seeing that your issue took place in a t3 run, there would have been nothing to reconnect to... so even if there was something like what you want, it would not have been any use to you.

also...

as annoying as it is, we have all had the same thing happen from time to time (wave 67 crash, nuff said). just put the game down for a min, take a deep breath or two, and get back in the game.

well, seeing that your issue took place in a t3 run, there would have been nothing to reconnect to... so even if there was something like what you want, it would not have been any use to you.

also...

as annoying as it is, we have all had the same thing happen from time to time (wave 67 crash, nuff said). just put the game down for a min, take a deep breath or two, and get back in the game.

Actually, a "waiting for host" option is unlike a host migration.  Like the original starcraft, when a player lags, the game basically pauses for a bit for everyone to sync back up.