Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A complaint about equality in Simaris' punishment for spam.

Alikar.Sefiro

my annoyance is quite simple and should be addressed, tho not just for my sake but the sake of peoples enjoyment. Not long ago we had the nerfs to banshee and ember hit us which were to " stop these frames from making the game less fun"  personally its never been a huge issue to me if some ember wanted to blow thru exterminate fissures, or a banshee wanted focus and helped me max rank a weapon in the process. BUT given that onslaught is supposed to be a grounds for us to focus farm in a more enjoyable way, and that the mod actively punishes players for spamming abilities some things need to be addressed.

Why can I as Nezha not use my blazing chakram to navigate a larger map quickly without simaris blocking my 2 but banshee's can spam sonar her 2 with no issue? granted that's not a damaging ability like Nezhas so there's no reason to complain right? Well, the issue with that is there's the hydron issue all over again. I'm fine if people want to focus farm like that on a node where its common for people to go to leech affinity for weapons and get relics but because of this the affinity you gain per wave is heavily affected. in missions without the banshees spamming resonating quake or even just using soundquake for the first half of the round you actively can get a lot more focus from actually being able to be involved and not having to just twiddle your thumbs as the enemy you were a fraction of a second away from attacking falls over dead before you reach it . The focus in normal rounds without the banshee's and equinox's or general aoe nuke frames being around 8-10k on my eidolon lenses drops down to 3.6k if I'm lucky ???   its a sizable hit in the long run when you do 8 waves  you end up losing what like  32000 focus or more at the end of a run.  the fact that some abilities that can be used multiple times to do different effects get canceled by simaris but all of these aoe's that people leave on for almost the entire 2:30  you're in a round is a bit unfair.  banshee and equinox can clear most normal sized tiles making plenty of players quit in frustration over the lack of playability the mode offers when everything is already dead.  ill go back to the nezha example  casting his 4  is fine but I've had times where I cancel my 4 for the extra damage and suddenly cant cast it  likewise using the chakram to teleport to safer areas or around the map while looking for an enemy and having it get blocked is somehow  intended  but other abilities get some leeway ? and channeled abilities as a whole have no downside? I am legitimately curious about how simaris will tell me that he "no longer needs data on that ability and has blocked it " but having a banshee or equinox spam abilities that actually deal damage or channeling an ability for almost the entire round doesn't affect his data?  

to be clear I'm not aiming at only banshee and equinox I'm sure there are others that do this as well that need to be addressed  but those are all you see and it's getting to the point where  joining the mission I almost instinctively try to use a sit emote on the defense cryo-pod that doesn't exist  to wait for wave 20 to hit.  depending on an ability is apparently a thing that supposed to be punished by simaris but so far it hasn't been and it's leading to a new reformation of a meta that the devs themselves tried to put a stop to recently. we need to nip it in the bud this time before people get too attached to it and complain when its nerfed later down the line like last time.

As I see it there's 2 clear choices being either allow every frame to use abilities as they so please, or have simaris put a limitation on channeled abilities and punish ALL spam, not just some.
Because mirage detonating her 4 too quickly will count against her and cancel it but spamming larval burst won't?  There are very strange discrepancies and no rule explaining why some are allowed and why others aren't.

Apologies if this riles people up but it needs to be stated that these baised punishments are fueling the entire press 4 to win thing and is honestly messing with the game. I activly chose to not go run Adaro or Hydron because I found this mode hands-on and enjoyable but having the return of resonating quake clear waves 1-5  means I get less affinity and don't play until the last 3 rounds and that isn't fun that's annoying and time wasting. and while I could abandon and regroup there is more time wasted in constant abandons and requeue's than there should be when this is a thing that should just be addressed instead.

Edited by ghostlyrobber
some spelling errors that bothered me