Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Damage

SilvaShadow

was playing just a little bit ago and noticed my weapon (Latron) was doing almost no damage, was on Xini wave 9 was seeing like 5-10 dmg pop up with each shot even with 90% Seration fire, rate, fire rate+ puncture and reload speed mods. after the mission i took off all my mods and tested the same mission was getting 20-30 on some and 40 on others

Your problem is that you have 1 damage mod on a weapon that does normal damage. Based on the extremely small amount of information you gave I would wager that when you reset your gun you also forgot to account for the fact that you were then fighting lower level enemies and were scoring headshots now and then.

Headshots ignore armour scaling and do full damage, other spots have damage multipliers but not armour mitigation (the extremities on ancients I think). With the underwhelming mod setup you have there it's no surprise you were barely tickling enemies that were the highest potential level of any  enemies outside the Void and Defense pre-update 9. That level of enemy used to be considered "endgame" material, you're not going to do much with just serration and fire rate.

Headshots ignore armour scaling and do full damage, other spots have damage multipliers but not armour mitigation (the extremities on ancients I think). With the underwhelming mod setup you have there it's no surprise you were barely tickling enemies that were the highest potential level of any enemies outside the Void and Defense pre-update 9. That level of enemy used to be considered "endgame" material, you're not going to do much with just serration and fire rate.

No, they are not. It's just 1.5x bullet multiplier on head and 2x multiplier for headshot. (This one for basic grineers) Edited by Icouldjustkissyou

Armor scaling's a *@##$, ne?

Basically, you need to shoot unarmored weakpoints unless you can bypass that armor.

- Moas and Osprey are completely unarmored.

- Light Grineer are *supposed* to be completely unarmored (though some are apparently now Medium Grineer for whatever reason).

- Crewmen and Tech heads have no armor, though they take x0 from bullet (and x2 from AP; in multiplication to the x2 for headshot).

- Ancients outer extremities (lower legs slash lower arms) are unarmored but DO NOT count for the bonus damage from headshots

- Medium and Heavy Grineer have NO unprotected parts; Heavies have sane armor values (moderately high level before headshots stop dealing bonus damage compared to base from Bullet), though Mediums do not.

All heads (except Corpus-related and Light Infested) take x2 from all sources, and a multiplicative x1.5 from Bullet damage.