Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Difficulty Increase. Bug Or On Purpose?

YasuFox

I and the rest of my fellow clan members have witnessed the enemies suddenlly become OP. my rifle which is modded to highest degree went from dealing 75 to about 90 dmg to only doing 1-6 dmg. not only that but my shield which is also significantlly increased by lots of mods is destroyed within seconds by standerd Granier drones..what gives DE. please tell me this is only a bug and not on purpose....

I'm a member of the Clan and while i have not noticed the difference myself that's mostly cause I have not been going to mercury as much as I used to with my high ranked weapons, but I got a couple friends who've been saying the damage from their weapons has been lowered badly. One has stated the sobek at point blank range to a greinner lancer's face only did 8 damage while another was testing his latron on the same low level ones and seeing the damage only being at 20 which it should not considering how well he modded it. Either this is a bug or due to the events recently the enemy types besides corpus got a armor buff.

Edited by LunaraAstara

If it happens in the middle of a mission then it's a bug.

If you're going from one mission to another and losing 90% of your DPS in the switch then you need to change your mod build. Remember that Grineer are armored so put a high Armor Piercing mod on before facing them or use a weapon that isn't affected by enemy armor.

i was the one testing the weapon vs the enemys i tested them vs low and high lv enemys with base and modded weapon the dmg was much lower then it should have been this was vs all factions that i noticed lower damage overall then what the weapon should be doing even if it was not modded the mods i had on my weapon (Latron) was Seration at 90% Speed Trigger 40% Split Chamber 45% and several others to buff dps ( cant remember all of them off hand)

Edited by SilvaShadow

If it happens in the middle of a mission then it's a bug.

If you're going from one mission to another and losing 90% of your DPS in the switch then you need to change your mod build. Remember that Grineer are armored so put a high Armor Piercing mod on before facing them or use a weapon that isn't affected by enemy armor.

I know the Grineer are armored and its not just them. i fought grineer before of the same level and could mow through them with little dificulty dealing more then just 6 dmg per bullet. and yes i have my rifle highlly modded for armor piercing in mind. this isnt normal by any standards and should be looked at as soon as possible by a Dev.

Has this problem affected weapons which are said to ignore armor? If bolt weapons, melee charge attacks and other attacks said to be unaffected by armor are doing less damage as well then it's a bug. Otherwise it could simply be that DE has decided to increase the mitigation of normal (Bullet) damage by enemies.

I know the Grineer are armored and its not just them. i fought grineer before of the same level and could mow through them with little dificulty dealing more then just 6 dmg per bullet. and yes i have my rifle highlly modded for armor piercing in mind. this isnt normal by any standards and should be looked at as soon as possible by a Dev.

Are you going to specify what level we're talking about? Recently I noticed that I seemed to be doing more damage if anything. My Braton can pretty easily cleave through enemies in level 55+ missions.'

In fact I decided before I post to test this, there's no change in damage as far as I can tell. I still do the same damage I've always done. I tested this against all 3 factions in the 55-65 level range, it takes the same number of shots now (6-8) to bring down those enemies as it always did.

Edit: are you aware that enemy armour scales with level which means that your calculated damage is going to be lower once you actually get into a mission?

Edited by TheHeraldXII

Has this problem affected weapons which are said to ignore armor? If bolt weapons, melee charge attacks and other attacks said to be unaffected by armor are doing less damage as well then it's a bug. Otherwise it could simply be that DE has decided to increase the mitigation of normal (Bullet) damage by enemies.

not sure if it affected the bolt or lazer weapons as i did not test them myself but my clan is reporting that they are also seeing lower dmg then usual hopefully this can be looked at quickly and a dev can give us an answer as to it being a bug or the enemys getting more dmg resist, and yes im aware enemys get tougher as you progress more but even at Xini (thats the level where we started to see this) you should not be doing less then 10 dmg on them at wave 9

Edited by SilvaShadow

not sure if it affected the bolt or lazer weapons as i did not test them myself but my clan is reporting that they are also seeing lower dmg then usual hopefully this can be looked at quickly and a dev can give us an answer as to it being a bug or the enemys getting more dmg resist, and yes im aware enemys get tougher as you progress more but even at Xini (thats the level where we started to see this) you should not be doing less then 10 dmg on them at wave 9

Actually, you should and always have. Ancients have always had crazy damage reduction at that level, this isn't new in any way. Do you have records of how much damage you did beforehand to compare them to what they're doing now? As I said, I tested this out just before I posted and my Braton is still doing the same damage it did to ancients last time I pulled it out.

Wait. I do believe that some patch notes mentioned that defense mob scaling has been increased, so if you're hopping from one defense to another (say, Io to Xini to Valefor to Varro etc.) you should be doing less damage on average than before on higher waves because enemies are indeed stronger than before on subsequent waves. 

Basically, the enemy stat growth between waves has been increased - quite drastically is my impression. 

You only have a problem if damage on Wave 1 is severely reduced or damage on other mission types also suffers at low enemy levels.

Edited by forseeker