Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fighting Is Pretty Pointless

RustyNaps

Not be a drag here but does anyone else feel like killing the NPC's is pointless (Unless its a Exterminate, Defense, Mobile Defense Mission)? 

Unless theres a wall of them in front people in a cramped hallway, they usually walk around them and go on with the mission. The NPC's don't really pursue either, they just go about their merry way once you're out of their range of sight. 

Is there anyway DE could make it so we'd have to pull trigger? 

I was thinking maybe improve the Grineer AI (I know that is a lot of work) so it could dive roll out of tenno's bullets, strafe while shooting and aggressively pursue the player. 

Or a type of Grineer could set up a blockade made up of a destructible wall with maybe deployable turrets in the Tenno's objective path. The player would have to destroy the turrets and the wall in order to continue.

So what do you think? Sorry for my spelling and grammar etc. I'm really tired.

That would make it impossible to stealth run certain missions, which some players enjoy doing. In any case, you're extremely lucky if you've been able to get past a 30-man Grineer spawn with several heavies in a tight corridor without them noticing. 

On the other hand when I actually stop and fight, it's endless because they are coming and coming unless somone locksdown the room.
But that's just my Mag's problem, I'm not using Crush with her.

About stopping the rusher, all what is needed is few enemies with ability to knock you down. But they have to be on the right place in the right moment and not alone.

As unoriginal as the topic of this thread is, i'll give a few of the default responses:

1.) They're working on new AI improvements.
2.) Some form of AI improvements come out with almost every patch.
3.) Some of the missions actually make more sense if you're not killing things in terms of context, and that has been discussed a lot in the past as well.

4.) The current penalty for skipping kills is fewer drops of mods and resources, which is our prerogative as players. If it bothers you that you don't have to kill everything, then do it anyway if you feel like it is something you should be doing. *Edit* And affinity. Thank you TheBlueJelly.

Edited by Sumnus

I believe the point of fighting is gaining affinity. sure there is no real engagement... but so far that's not in their sights. they are working on new modes instead of completely changing the whole ai.as was already said, they only do minor ai adjustments, no real ai changes like you were suggesting.

Edited by Xenshoa

As unoriginal as the topic of this thread is, i'll give a few of the default responses:

3.) Some of the missions actually make more sense if you're not killing things in terms of context, and that has been discussed a lot in the past as well.

4.) The current penalty for skipping kills is fewer drops of mods and resources, which is our prerogative as players. If it bothers you that you don't have to kill everything, then do it anyway if you feel like it is something you should be doing.

You forgot EXP gain =P Other than that accidental omission from #4, I'm gonna have to say "This".

4.) The current penalty for skipping kills is fewer drops of mods and resources, which is our prerogative as players. If it bothers you that you don't have to kill everything, then do it anyway if you feel like it is something you should be doing. *Edit* And affinity. Thank you TheBlueJelly.

You're still missing that fact that people only do this on Defense and Exterminate missions. Any other mission everything is usually rushed to get to bosses.

But hey if you think thats the way this game should be played fine with me.

You're still missing that fact that people only do this on Defense and Exterminate missions. Any other mission everything is usually rushed to get to bosses.

But hey if you think thats the way this game should be played fine with me.

Only the ones hunting BPs, and the dumb ones farming resources.

I get more Neuralode Control Cellphics by breaking S#&$ than by killing bosses =P

Orokin runs especially should not be rushed. Exploring there can net you a *ton* of high end mods.

Edited by TheBlueJelly