Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Events Suck

KimchiCommando

Hi.

I'm fairly new to Warframe, but have been playing a lot over the last month. Arid Fear was my first event. And it sucked.

Repeatedly grinding the same easy, boring missions, always with a volt on hand for that speed boost. Is this something people actually get excited for?

DE used this alert to incentivize it's players to do something boring repeatedly. And a lot of us did it, because the rewards were really good.

Events like this shouldn't be about mindlessly grinding an easy mission. I'd much rather see something like defense alerts where every wave has 2-3 powerful enemies that can't be cc'd (along with the normal complement of regular enemies), or time sensitive extermination missions. (like say 4 minutes to complete it) If the missions we have to grind are really easy, then we're just going through the motions because we want the rewards, not because we want to be doing it.

My request: DE, please make events more fun by making them more difficult and ensuring they have unique gameplay!

I know this post was pretty negative, but I really am enjoying Warframe. I just think the events could be sooooo much better.

This is still in beta and they have only done about 3/4 events and so are still trying to find the right balance between rewards timing and mission types but this feedback will help them get better at making events and when the game is released or likely before they will have the right formula for an interactive fun and rewarding event

Arid Fear started out as a really good global alert. It was more complicated than the other past alerts. I agree that the second and third waves of the parts of the alert should have had a different compent to them (other than the capture subjects getting more abilities) BUT at the same time I don't think they expected the first two parts to finish in the same day. That probably sent them for a loop and gave them a bit of an Oh $#!& moment. After the capture missions they could have gone with either a data mass extration or sabotage (I would suggest sabotage to prevent the ships from leaving the void space we now know they are in, and then after that the data extraction to find out where this planet was hidden).

All in all a good start to a weak finish does not a happy alert make :(

Send your constructive critisism to the DE's to help them grow. They are only human and can't think of everything :)

Hi.

I'm fairly new to Warframe, but have been playing a lot over the last month. Arid Fear was my first event. And it sucked.

Repeatedly grinding the same easy, boring missions, always with a volt on hand for that speed boost. Is this something people actually get excited for?

DE used this alert to incentivize it's players to do something boring repeatedly. And a lot of us did it, because the rewards were really good.

Events like this shouldn't be about mindlessly grinding an easy mission. I'd much rather see something like defense alerts where every wave has 2-3 powerful enemies that can't be cc'd (along with the normal complement of regular enemies), or time sensitive extermination missions. (like say 4 minutes to complete it) If the missions we have to grind are really easy, then we're just going through the motions because we want the rewards, not because we want to be doing it.

My request: DE, please make events more fun by making them more difficult and ensuring they have unique gameplay!

I know this post was pretty negative, but I really am enjoying Warframe. I just think the events could be sooooo much better.

Yeah this event was not handled especially well imo,

I liked the previous event a lot better, you could farm the keys from many different areas and mission types. Could be solo'd, PUG'd, or done with Friend/Clan groups, many options. This one was very tedious especially if like me had to solo a good portion of it, and no mention of individual rewards at start.. is it any wonder many said why bother.

It is beta and things are still being figured out, they will get better over time much in the way new warframes are raising the bar.