Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Body Part Health Bars

RaianStar

I really like how the Jackal has separate health bars for body parts. It would be really cool if you could blow the limbs off of normal enemies (and humanoid bosses) and force them to switch to their side arms or go to the floor. How much fun would it be to take the leg off of a MOA (especially the stomping MOA) so that it has to shoot from the floor.

The separate health bars should however be connected to a total life pool. That way, your forceful amputation could actually kill your opponent.

Limbs would usually have less health than the body in total, so IF the total potential damage is greater than the health of the struck appendage, single target melee weapons should NOT be limited to one body part at a time. (Kinda like how you can smash two containers with one swing if a plasma sword).

Taking off an enemies head should automatically kill almost any enemy (infested & robots might not need their heads as much as we do...), regardless of how much total health they have remaining.

In the earlier levels any dismemberment would probably kill enemies outright however in the later levels, aiming for different body parts would be tactical and fun... very very fun.

Edited by RaianStar

On the plus side, it would be fun to watch bodies flopping around on the floor attempting to hit you.  On the negative side, I'm pretty sure that what will start happening is that you will get fire & attack from enemies you thought you killed off, which would make dealing with waves of Infected a total pain in the butt.

I feel that this is something better implemented on single player games that don't already have enough on their plate.  Right now, this is just one more element to balance in a system that needs many technical adjustments.

On the plus side, it would be fun to watch bodies flopping around on the floor attempting to hit you.  On the negative side, I'm pretty sure that what will start happening is that you will get fire & attack from enemies you thought you killed off, which would make dealing with waves of Infected a total pain in the butt.

I feel that this is something better implemented on single player games that don't already have enough on their plate.  Right now, this is just one more element to balance in a system that needs many technical adjustments.

I see your point. I just think that improving the enemies is the key to improving the game. I'm really enjoying Warframe but I can definitely see that it has a lot of room for development.