Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Possible Solution To Ultimate Spamming. Idea From Bulletstorm.

Hayden11121

If anyone doesn't know what bullestorm is it's this game where.... you try to get stylish kills.

You have a rope that pulls enemies to you and slows them in midair, and your foot also does this.

So, I could get 10 points for killing an enemy, or 50 for headshotting them.

BUTTTT, If I pull him, then kick him into a cactus, I get +500 points for the "Prickly" reward!

If I were to kick them into a wall and make their blood splatter, I get 100 points for the "Graffiti" award!

Although this meant for the game to be very boring as the only way to advance was to reasonably kill everything stylishly, *due to guns and ammo being unlockable from these points and only these points* as I was replaying the campaign I thought of something.

What if instead of us picking up 4 orbs off of the ground we have to do something ninja-esque and stylish for a "Rage" meter of some sort. Sure, killing enemies works easy, but wallrunning up a wall and shooting someone in the head while hanging there is worth more points. Maybe work with combos, such as you get more points right after using Freeze, Overheat, World on Fire, Speed, Teleport, Wormhole, and other "Utilized" skills.

I am not saying appear like Bullestorm either, because the numbers and names got annoying. But possibly make this meter fill up the more we do more parkour and wallruns and special skills. This not only makes the game not full of the same ultimate over and over and over, this encourages other abilities, and rewards players with skill, instead of those with a maxed out ultimate.

TL;DR: Make a "Rage" meter and have it used for ultimates. When you get special kills it goes up more then normal kills. This encourages diverse gameplay through use of other abilities to help us, and can significantly enjoy the game's parkour mechanics and the underused abilities of our frames. 

Here is a Gif showing a Bulletstorm combo. There are Venus Flytrap looking plants around the area. This player pulled the enemy into the Line Of Sight of the plant, and therefore got points.

bulletstorm-o.gif

Here's a huge problem....

Player X kills everything and rushes ahead before Players Z,Y,W can kill anything. That will happen and make it more competitive instead of co-op.

Also, if you you don't like it when people spam 4, don't play PUG's. Play with a good team. Right now, this solution looks grindy. You have grind to use an ultimate. Bad idea.

Get your own not-spamming 4 team.

^^ Best solution.

Here's a huge problem....

Player X kills everything and rushes ahead before Players Z,Y,W can kill anything. That will happen and make it more competitive instead of co-op.

Also, if you you don't like it when people spam 4, don't play PUG's. Play with a good team. Right now, this solution looks grindy. You have grind to use an ultimate. Bad idea.

Get your own not-spamming 4 team.

^^ Best solution.

It's the ol' solution of rusher vs exploration problem, the good "Find your own team" situation.

I do play with my own friends, and sometimes Solo. I rarely pug, but it still stands ultimates can be spammed indefinitely in most cases.

And besides, they can share EXP, Mods, Loot, and Credit. Considering this is a PvE Coop Game, you'd think they wouldn't be able to find a way to "Share" the point gain?