Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Mod Replicator / Replacement For Vor's Plat Market

KudaGila

Hey there,

This idea replaces upcomming Vor's market, where players trade their mods for platinum.

Point of being in this game is farming, burning your resources on valueable things. Replicator will let you burn your resources and finaly credits, you will put them to a good use. Idea of replicator replaces upcomming Vor's market, where players trade with other players their mods for platinum. Replicator is not game economics breaking, and get's you to play the game for resource/credits.

Replicator is a device to duplicate your mod's, you can even replicate the original's mods fusion. That means, it's possible to replicate maxed out mods and get maxed out replicas out of this device, but it has it's cost.

Don't forget that replicator needs you to have the mod first, so you need to play the game.

Replicator is separated into 3 tiers, each tier is works with tier of a mod, common, uncommon, rare.

Blueprints are acquired from market, prices are:

bp tier 1 - 25k credits - 5k to craft replicator - 10 plat to rush/12 hour build - replicates common mods

bp tier 2 - 50k credits - 10k to craft replicator - 15 plat to rush/12 hour build - replicates uncommon mods

bp tier 3 - 100k credits - 20k to craft replicator - 20 plat to rush/24 hour build - replicates rare mods

Resource cost to create a replicator:

tier 1 - 1 controle module, 1k ferite, 1k salvage, 2k nano spores

tier 2- 3 morphics, 1k polymer bundles, 1k alloy plate, 5k nano spores

tier 3 - 5 gallium, 1k plastids, 1,5k rubedo, 10k nano spores

Now, replicators are not a permanent device, they have a chance to break, according to number of uses.

1. use - 100% success chance, 2. use - 50% chance, 3. use - 25%, 4. use - nope

Replicating process: 

In menu for Mods will be grayed button Replicate, once you craft a replicator, and click on matching tier of a mod in sellection, replicate button will appear.

If you for example try to replicate maxed out Serration, you use tier 2 replicator, after you hit replicate, there will be a menu for you to choose a level of fusion that new, replicated mod will have (because you replicate maxed out serration, you have to choose from lvl 0-10 fusions). Already in this selection menu, you will see credit cost of the fusion.

uncommon lvl 0 mod - 5k credits

common lvl 0 mod - 20k credits

rare lvl 0 mod - 50k credits

formula is: rarity*10*fusion level=total price

fusion level is moved, level 0 is taken as 1, level 1 as 2 - to prevent this situation: 20k*10*0 = 0 (free replication)

So maxed out serration to replicate looks like:

20k*10*11=2 200 000 credits

Explanation:

What is replicator going to bring to the game? 

There is nothing to burn millions of credits that you stacked up, with extensive cost of replication maxed out mods, ppl won't be able to get 10x maxed out serration tomorrow or any time soon. Also, it will put to use your old void keys, simply to get credits that you later burn on replicating mods.

Why does crafting ot replicator cost resources?

Each tier of replicator is able to replicate only one rarity of mods. For each tier we've chosen resources that are common, uncommon and rare. This puts to use some of the resources you couldn't burn or anything, or makes you go play the game, to get the resources - you do it with a purpose of geting that replicator crafted - that means no frustration from random farming of a resources, just because you have nothing better to do. We tried to include almost all resources and so, use the game fully, you won't be farming one place over and over again, it's up to you where you get those resources and what rarity of mod you wanna replicate.

Why this replaces Vor's market?

Vor's market, place where player A puts his collection of 20 Flows, 10 thunderbolts, 30 continuity mods and other rare mods - If ppl have a simple chance to get stuff they farm so long for from a Platinum market, they won't play the game anymore for it, and easily buy it from the shop - that means less ppl playing the game, farming - whole game is about farming, if we stop, it dies.

Also, there is gonna be this situation as in other games. 2 friends, Bob has Flow, Marc wants it. Bob will put it on market for 20 plat and call out when he does so, Marc will instantly buy it - there goes trading system. Or they exchange mods, Bob puts flow for 1k plat, and Marc will put Redirection lvl 0 for 1k plat. Too easy to acquire rare mods.

Many of a players have stacks of rare mods, once market is ready, they will gain thousands of platinum. There are already ideas to sell platinum for real money. It will also be a reason for hackers to get on your account, and get that platinum from you, by buying his mod for extreme price. 

And one of the last problems, a lot of new players get rare mods from the start, like Flow for example. If they see there is a market for platinum, and sell it there, they will never have to buy platinum - that means no extra money for DE. Also, why would ppl spend money on geting founder's packs, or starter packs that include platinum, when they can farm mods, sell them for plat, or even for real money.

There will be a lot of negative comments, because ppl want to make like 10k platinum stacks and then buy asap anything that comes in a game, or even sell this platinum for real money. But that system is game breaking, that way is for founders, who support the game and can afford to buy new stuff with plat or rush any build.

So hope you at least liked bit of the idea, and please, post constructive feedback, no flames needed:)

Idea formed by Tripfy, Xytarez

I'm shocked, a market that thrives on $$ can break games. Given how we're using Peer2Peeer this doubles (if not quadruples) the danger of being hacked.

In a casual game, this can break it. I downvote the platinum trading, I upvote the replicator (in my mind it can exist beside a market, but a marketplace where real money is the currency is not in my ideas of a casual game.)

I see that you're taking the purist view of game-play, where one shouldn't dilute the farming/grinding goodness of Warframe with an open market.  That is as valid a point of view as any.  There is an equally valid point of view that says that endless grinding/farming is too time-consuming for people who have legitimate commitments & responsibilities in their life, and don't have the sort of time required to be viable in that environment.

But the one thing that you cannot deny is that all players, great and small, casual and hard-core, are subject to the whims of the Pagan RNG Gods .  Bottom line of that discussion is that someone out there has three of something you've been trying for 3 months to get to drop from grinding.

I see that you're taking the purist view of game-play, where one shouldn't dilute the farming/grinding goodness of Warframe with an open market.  That is as valid a point of view as any.  There is an equally valid point of view that says that endless grinding/farming is too time-consuming for people who have legitimate commitments & responsibilities in their life, and don't have the sort of time required to be viable in that environment.

But the one thing that you cannot deny is that all players, great and small, casual and hard-core, are subject to the whims of the Pagan RNG Gods .  Bottom line of that discussion is that someone out there has three of something you've been trying for 3 months to get to drop from grinding.

Yes, and that thing is blaze. I have a huge stack of them and I don't even like shotguns :P

Anyway I'm willing to bet one of my blaze's that there will be a transaction fee on the market, a la every market ever. So, that's how DE will monetize it. Every purchase actually takes plat out of circulation.