Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Should Have More Utilized Skills On Future Frames.

Hayden11121

So, I have noticed that any frame that has a damaging ability gets outclassed by another ability.

If the outclassing ability easily channels out more damage output then the former spell, and is on a different frame, there is no reason to use the first frame.

A good example would be Frost Vs Saryn. Both about have similar range, but Miasma does 1,000 armor ignoring damage compared to Avalanche's normal damage. If it weren't for Snowglobe, Frost wouldn't exist as a heavy caster. Everyone would rather have Saryn

But the reason Frost is useful is for his "Situational" skill, Snowglobe.

And then there are the high damage numbers versus the majority of the game being low numbers. At 1,000 damage even without armor ignoring capabilities most ultimates last until level 30-40, easily wiping everything that isn't a heavy. After that, it's simple to just use guns or a different frame.

So how do you counter this?

"Situational" skills. Skills that cannot be balanced because nothing is like them and they don't directly deal damage.

There are next to NO numbers on these at all, they do their action and that's it. Maybe they set you up for more damage, hide you, etc.

There can't be much power creep when it comes to these either, considering of how they would be used. Try arguing Loki and Trinity's Ultimate.

"Well if you are in a room full of Chargers Radial Disarm is useless!"
"True, but if there are a thousand Ospreys or Ranged units then Radial Disarm wins!"

"But it won't win if there is a rusher 10 rooms ahead, unlike Blessing!"

"But Blessing won't win if you instantly lose all your health from the number of ranged weapons firing on you!"

No matter what, a "This will always win" cannot be achieved. However, comparing Crush to Sound Quake can be done. One will outclass the other in damage, because it's focused entirely on damage.

Infact, most of the "One Trick Pony" spells are from being so applicable and utilized.

Chaos, M Prime *Increases damage and slows*, Snowglobe, Bastille, Radial Disarm, Invisibility, Overheat, Electric Shield, and Blessing are all examples.

So, in short, a simple way to balance everything would be work around utility based abilities. You cannot argue which is stronger as they are too situational for that. There is no plain "This is stronger" compared to the current abilities we have. The only downside of this is that the skills cost more money to produce, but reasonably more effort should be put into balancing our skills, considering we are allowed 4 per frame.

What do you think? Utility based skills such as Pull, Sonic Boom, Shield Polarize, etc?

Or more damage dealers such as WoF, Sound Quake, Crush?

What do I think? That there are tons of threads about the same things and people are creating new, again about the same thing.

On the topic, I would definitely go with utility skills.

So there are more threads like this, what does that mean?

That means something should be done if more then a couple people have the same idea.

Am I supposed to Necro their threads? That's against the rules either way, and hearing a new opinion is better then an old one. So I don't see why many topics of the same are an issue...

Am I supposed to Necro their threads? That's against the rules either way, and hearing a new opinion is better then an old one. So I don't see why many topics of the same are an issue...

I was saying that just because this forum gets pretty messy and sometimes are people here arguing about one thing multiple times and they get to the same conclusion which seems like a waste of time.

But this interests me, what is bad about necroing... lets say a week old thread?