Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Little Question And Thoughts On Adding A Form Of Aggro Mechanics To The Game.

Thullmar

I tried to ask this in chat during livestream today, but such things are an act of frustration due to the sheer amount of spam involved there. It's ridiculous and quite intimidating for a silent Finnish guy like myself, so I'll come through here, where I can poke and pick my mind out in a more relaxed manner:

So, aggro. Any plans on adding mechanics into the game for the more durable frames to draw fire towards them (not to mention Nyx relying on enemies shooting/hitting her for the ultimate to produce desired effect)? I think this would make tactical gameplay and actual "tanking" more viable playstyle for Frost, Saryn and Rhino (and mama Trinity in her link mode). This would be especially useful and enjoyable in the more heavily survival-related mission types (namely Defense, Mobile Defense, the upcoming Survival and of course Boss Battles, especially in Nightmare mode).

Having played a tank in number of different MMO games and loving the role to bits, I would love to see it in Warframe as well, especially as there seems to be quite a bit of potential for it (as a bit poor comparison, take the way TERA handles tanking mechanics). Parry could easily play a part in this playstyle, as means to reduce incoming damage and gaining leverage over the enemies (say, parry a melee attack from ancient, stagger it and gain an opening for charge attack or a special counter maneuver)

Few other aggro mechanics I could think of would be:
- Rhino Roar and Rhino Skin as taunting abilities in addition to their current effects: This would give the game's most durable frame the leverage he'd need to fulfill the most clear job in his resume, because that's what he struck me as the moment I saw him.

- General aggro providence to frost's damaging abilities: Frost is durable, by stats slightly more so than even Rhino if you don't count Rhino Skin as factor, and he has AMAZING damaging abilities, that hit quite a few enemies (as freeze is more of a CC). But as levels hit higher ground, damaging abilities become more and more liability, and utility is the king, so giving these abilities an aggro element, they would provide a way for frost to draw away fire from the more fragile frames to himself.

- A mod or aura that'd increase frame's aggro output, and one to perhaps lower it: As additive to previous mentions, this would allow a balance-out factor to stick in, allowing one to be able to either focus on fulfilling the tank's job, or a damage/utilitarian one with more definition.

- And Nyx's Ultimate should absolutely draw fire into it.

Of course this should not be so strong that I'd nullify danger on other frames nearly completely (and there should be some, especially infested enemies who would be immune to such compulsion to keep the spirit of dread for others there), but especially for bossfights and tougher enemies this would provide reasonably good distinction for roles in the group, allowing more focused tries and balanced gameplay.

Just my thoughts though, and I'd love some feedback.

- Thullmar.