Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

On Focus and Drop Farming

Malater

Many of us will go into long missions to accumulate focus or look for resources that have an issue with dropping regularly.  While the nature of how much this should be necessary is a bit of a hot topic for some, that's not what I want to go into here.

My issue is with when the game crashes.  It's understandable that you cannot make Warframe a perfect game for every rig, and there will always be issues for some players regardless of the time spent looking for bugs and lowering strain on the system.  So why not take some steps to make crashing less painful for the users.  For instance, if I opt to spend 20+ minutes in a mission, even worse if I linger for an hour, and I crash at some point in the end, I lose everything except for my rotation rewards.  This means the hundreds of thousands of focus that I've become increasingly resistant to farm for fear of losing it all.  Even in shorter missions, it becomes discouraging to have a crash at wave 6 or 7 of an onslaught run, and turned me off of the system for a week.

While I'm not sure what a perfect solution would be, as you seem to prefer storing information client-side, I had another player offer up a solution.  Why not store some numbers on both the player and the host?  While this wouldn't fix an issue with the host crashing, it would at least help to preserve the effort put in by the other three players should something unfortunate happen and they join back into the game.