Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Model/terrain Interactions Are Awful :(

The_Markie

I've been meaning to make this thread since the day I got my Frost Prime but only until have I had more reason and example:

1) Ice Wave: When you use it on a slope, instead of having the spikes going down the slope, you'll have the spikes keep popping up from thin air and going straight forward. Oftenly this makes you miss the enemies on the down end of the slope or stairs. And this also makes the effect looks kinda sloppy and weird.

2) Desert Skate: These guys have no idea how to lay on the surface of the terrain at all, they just dip their face in like they have noclip. They move through the bumps of the terrain like nothing. It does make the game looks a bit unprofessional.

I'm pretty sure there are more examples.

Solution:

> Well, obviously, you should make Ice Wave follows the ground, the terrain, that it does go upward and downward according to the terrain.

> Desert Skates should have a better model interaction with the terrain, if you wanna make them burrowing into the sand, you should create an effect for them as an indication of that, maybe sand flying out of the hole or something.