Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Feedback] On Secondary Weapons And Stealth

Izeck

Incoming wall of text.

---Side arms---

I have always understood that the point of a secondary weapon was as a backup in case you ran out of ammo or where caught needing to reload (main guns take longer to reload, so swapping to secondary is faster) in the heat of a firefight.

The way the game is being set up right now, I have found myself switching to my secondary more often that I would think necessary. Not because of what I said before, but rather because my secondary does far more damage than my main.

I have a (IMHO) decently decked out Boltor that I love. I have "better" weapons like Snipetron vandal, Dera and Supra, but Boltor will always be my baby. But I find myself having to swap to my secondary because, as decked out as my Boltor is, my secondary will always be better.

With mods like Barrel Diffusion and Lethal torrent (120% + 60% = 2 shots guaranteed  and 80% chance of having a 3rd which all adds to, OP). Seems to me like DE is spending a lot (Too much, imo) time buffing side arms and too little buffing mains.

---Stealth---

Steve keeps saying that he wants to focus on the agility side of warframes, but he also says they want to improve stealth. However he also says he doesn't want a cover system. This is really contradicting and confusing.

How are they going to improve stealth without using cover. I can understand that they want to focus on agility, but with things like stealth kills, alarms, detection, line of sight, invisibility and sound/silence already in the game (Not to mention the supposed improvements to stealth), why not implement a simple cover system so that all those sneaky ninja types (Me included) can have their fun sneaking around?

I would LOVE to have a 4 man team sneak into a Grineer outpost. Stealth kill our way to the goal and then sneak our way out. In and out without a sound, ninja style.

How about a silencer mod. How awesome would it be to go into a mission with silenced Boltor or silenced Vasto (Yes, I know its a revolver, but if I can have it with a 9 bullet cylinder and bullets split into 3 in one shot, I can make it silent too =] )

Edited by Izeck