Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Future Face Of Warframe

WarlokLord

I am quite pleased at how the game has been developing and I have some suggestions/thoughts on what the future ought to hold for it.

1. Scope

MMO`ishness is a detraction. Were it not for this bent, the game would be free to simply collate strategic Operational progress as a Community, yet more properly focus on substantial accomplishments and achievements on a Squad and Dojo level.

In the classic example of Massively Multiplayer Online games, we see hundreds of WarCrafters, milling about near shops, trying to muster (?) or otherwise waiting for something interesting to happen, and all the while trying their utmost to effectively ignore each other.

Warframe is a 4 player squad-based action game. The MMO tag is unfortunate. This prevents things in the universe from ever changing as they normally might given individual player activities in a normally custom server, which in turn curtails long-term development. Certain aspects of the Universe in which we play should be tied specifically to individual Dojos/Clans, so that each Dojo/Clan is its own mythos within Warframe.

Making Warframe like a never-ending television series is a mistake. You`ll find yourselves in a never-ending & losing battle to constantly offer up more content, content that resolves/alters nothing. Gaming is the Illusion Of Achievement. Thwarting achievement does not serve the illusion, or thereby the players.

2. Never Too Many

You can never have too many weapons or Warframe types or factions/races. More indeed.

3. Clan Meaning

There need to be Dojo/Clan-specific, eventually available missions that allow some measure of strategic 'mythos' accomplishment. We have all this preparatory Clan structure, yet in terms of real gameplay it means little. So much more could be tied into this assembly.

Enemies could discover your Dojo and raid it. Until you undertake a specific mission to clear your base, your research is halted, and you cannot visit the structure.

The longer they occupy your Dojo, the higher the percentage of your income (loot) gets temporarily seized/frozen (?), or, the longer they occupy it, the higher the ranks of various missions in specific systems (i.e. Mercury) get until you take them out.

Enemy actions at special mission points may severely curtail or even completely eliminate certain material harvesting until they are successfully dealt with.

Special Deep Raids into different enemy star systems could be crafted/unlocked at the Dojo, built like items for credits and materials. Different bosses, ships, facilities, tilesets; specific recorded achievements.

Successful "special raids" could temporarily double, triple, etc. the incidence of certain materials for a time, such as Neurodes and Fusion Cores. Giving the player some occassional measure of control & influence over the universe in which we adventure would be welcome.

Kills of 'X' number of 'Y' enemy could trigger/unlock certain other, new objectives or missions or sectors, or that could trigger certain random events (i.e. Grineer "revenge" platoons now maraud the spacelanes, looking to detect Tenno in other missions and suddenly launch a direct attack to wipe them out.

Some Slaveworlds of the Corpus could exist, and for every few Corpus you kill in certain sectors you lower the garrison of a specific slaveworld until at some random point thereafter there may be an uprising. Freedom.

Again, strategic, yet Clan specific, *not* worldwide. Worldwide objectives can be accomplished by larger cooperating pervasive mega-Clans without smaller groups ever firing a shot... this approach is not always ideal/the way to go.

3. Special Limitations

Effects of certain 'counter-operations' by the enemy could for a time temporarily make unavailable classes of weapons (i.e. Supply Raids on Tenno vaults). Negation of these effects would of course be tied to certain new missions.

4. Clan Off-Map Asset Development

It would be nice to be able to take excess blueprints and craft new duplicate stuff, then assemble it to form available squads for unseen strategic assets.

Build another squad of Tenno, equip them, and post them in certain capacities offboard, in an entirely strategic level of activity that may or may not have much bearing upon the main game, yet still contributes somehow to the Clan. Even just from an achievement perspective.

5. New Infested 'Civilians'

Techs, civs for Infested should be managerie brain towers that teeter about, not regular humanoids.

Polyps should be potential enemies found within beds of well-developed Infested weed carpets.

In the worst case, entire walls might be some horrific alive biomass enemy awaiting ambush of prey.

6. Entity For New Faction

Some type of immobilizing tech-based stasis ray, deployed in non-Solo capacities. Essentially borrow a page from L4D and introduce a few more things that require/encourage multiplayer cooperation to thwart/overcome.

7. Mythos Sci-Fi

One of Warframe`s strongest moments is when you Capture a prisoner, digitizing him or her or it. More of this type of splendid sci-fi mechanic... it adds immensely to the atmosphere when you incorporate such uniqueness into play mechanics.

8. Battlefield Missions

For example: Corpus camps on a planetary battlefield. Warbot Walkers are being armed and primed to walk in with the MOAs and troopers on some facility, and Tenno must get there to wreak havoc on 'X' number of assets before they are ready to roll. A timer is in place. More troops arrive at intervals via troop shuttle. Troop shuttles themselves are vulnerable to being brought down.

Apologies for jumping about some. My thoughts thus far. Thanks for your time.

We need this and much more

I think the issues are apparent to DE now

We have *@##$ed enough to the point where they talked about it on stream. 

its now a real issue, and it should be the focus of their attention

My thoughts exactly. 

I don't know who is still calling this game an MMO, but this game in no way shape or form is an MMO.

It does have some elements that are found in MMOs such as the amount required to grind, which is unusual for shooters.

To me, the entire point of shooters is to challenge the player to learn and adapt.  To get better, faster, and more accurate.  To become smarter and learn how to adapt to accomplish his mission.  And about taking the right tools for the job.

Because of the grind slapped on top of this game, all of that is absent.

Game too hard?  Grind past it!

Can't shoot for crap?  Grind more dps!

Not smart enough to out think the AI?  Can't help you there....