The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buying Plat

Coca-Cola_Addict

Question

Okay so I tried to buy platinum in the game market but when I click on the button the screen just freezes up until I hit esc. After trying that a couple of times and wondering why its not working, I come to the conclusion that It may be because my steam wallet is empty. So I load up steam and drop $10 in the account, Try again, and still no response...

I ended up buying the plat I needed from this website but now I have 10 bucks just sitting there. So my question is how can I buy plat either in game or through steam. Google has been no help at all believe it or not. If for some reason thats impossible... any suggestions on what I should spend that 10 bucks on? lol

5 answers to this question

If your account is associated with Steam, there is no way no buy Platinum without Steam Wallet.

For me this sounds like a Steam overlay problem. There should be no "freeze" inside the game with Steam overlay, no matter

what you click on, and no matter if your Steam Wallet is charged or not.

But afaik you can charge your WF account without the game running / without using the ingame Steam overlay.

Log into the WF homepage and click on "buy Platinum", you should be redirected to the Steam Wallet. Choose your

payment method (or not if it's charged already) and buy the Platinum.

Or you could try running the game in 32/64 bit executable, some people only get the overlay running with one of those two.

Maybe that fix the problem.

When I buy plat through the official website It askes for my CC info, nothing about steam at all... May be its because I signed up for a warframe account before I downloaded the game from steam? A friend of mine just told me he is having the same problem. How can I tell if the steam overlay is working properly?

If you are logged in at https://warframe.com/ and "buy Platinum" did not redirect you to your Steam Wallet, then your

account isn't a Steam account, and you are not be able to buy Platinum through Steam.

There is no way to transfer your Normal Account ---> Steam Account and vice versa.

You have to use the payment options from the website, charge via CC (I don't know which payment options they are offering).

Edited by Cryp2Nite