The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Bows...

Ddublu

Question

So I want Paris Prime and nothing will stop me from farming for it. But I was wondering... Should I keep Dread as well and at least Catalyst it? Or just leave it at uncatalysted and unforma'd since I'll probably only be using Paris Prime when I get it.

I question whether to keep both because of the differing Damage types. However since I also plan to use Despair with w/e bow I probably could just get away with Paris Prime. If I use Dread I'll need to forma it like 4-ish times to allow my build to work.

any opinion is useful :)

12 answers to this question

So I want Paris Prime and nothing will stop me from farming for it. But I was wondering... Should I keep Dread as well and at least Catalyst it? Or just leave it at uncatalysted and unforma'd since I'll probably only be using Paris Prime when I get it.

I question whether to keep both because of the differing Damage types. However since I also plan to use Despair with w/e bow I probably could just get away with Paris Prime. If I use Dread I'll need to forma it like 4-ish times to allow my build to work.

any opinion is useful :)

Paris Prime is very hard to get, i think you should use one Catalyst on your Dread, but don't waste your Formas on it :D

I had my Dread forma'd and with a Catalyst to fit all 8 mods that I wanted, and I don't regret it at all. Even while i'm farming for Paris Prime (which, with RNG how it is, could take a while anyway). The bows are my favorite weapon type. I had the normal Paris before the Dread came out, and then I acquired the Dread, and i'll farm the Paris Prime pieces. And besides, keeping it on the shelf while you use Paris Prime, you never know when things will get another look a few months or so down the line. 

I honestly hate the Dread when compared to the Paris. Especially the way the game is now. The dread is fun against low armor. But against anything armored it just doesn't cut it (pun not intended). Paris not only has armor piercing but it has arrows that can actually hit multiple enemies. (The bodies wouldn't do the same damage as the arrow if this weren't the case).

Edited by Jefftiffy

If you are able to consistantly hit the weak spots of you enemies, Dread is still the far superior weapon.

540% crit damage vs. 420%, that's a huge difference. And the Dread is pretty sexy, the Paris Prime on the other side

is a ugly piece of...

I own both, (forma'd, 5 polarities each) and I usually prefer the Dread.

I think its actually the Dread that goes through enemies; since it slices them in half most the time. While Paris/Paris Prime launch bodies that run into people. I probably will end up Catalysting it at least. The Dread preforms pretty decently against most enemies aside from Ancient Infested it seems.

Like with my build I crit 4k+ on light infested; and around 1.5k on anything else besides the Ancients. Serrated Blade damage (which is Dread's damage type) is only REALLY good against light infested. Physics Impact just straight up does full damage anywhere; double if its on a weak point.

If you are able to consistantly hit the weak spots of you enemies, Dread is still the far superior weapon.

540% crit damage vs. 420%, that's a huge difference. And the Dread is pretty sexy, the Paris Prime on the other side

is a ugly piece of...

I own both, (forma'd, 5 polarities each) and I usually prefer the Dread.

Actually, it's 560% critical damage, since you're taking 280% of 200% base critical damage (unless you don't have a critical damage mod maxed). +1 for calculations?

I think its actually the Dread that goes through enemies; since it slices them in half most the time. While Paris/Paris Prime launch bodies that run into people. I probably will end up Catalysting it at least. The Dread preforms pretty decently against most enemies aside from Ancient Infested it seems.

Like with my build I crit 4k+ on light infested; and around 1.5k on anything else besides the Ancients. Serrated Blade damage (which is Dread's damage type) is only REALLY good against light infested. Physics Impact just straight up does full damage anywhere; double if its on a weak point.

Dread does not ignore damage. Its damage type is Blade, which does not ignore damage and deals a 300% damage multiplier against Light Infested. Also, Grineer Commanders and Seekers resist some Physics Impact damage.

Dread:

Base Crit Damage: 200%

Base Crit Chance: 20%

Vital Sense: 120% crit damage

Hammer Shot: 60% Crit Damage (and stun but who cares)

Point Strike: 150%

Serration: 165%

Bane of ____: 30%

Critical Chance: (0.2) * (1 + 1.5)

Critical Damage: (442) * (2) * (1 + 1.8)

Final Crit Damage: 2475

Final Crit Chance: 70%

I think thats the right math for Dread's final crit chance and damage ;o would be 3x that damage on light infested.

Dread:

I think thats the right math for Dread's final crit chance and damage ;o would be 3x that damage on light infested.

how the hell you get 70% critchance

point strike is 150%

so you get 50% crit not 70%

Dread:

The crit chance of all weapons with a 20% critical chance  and a maxed Point Strike are 50%.