Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kril's Still Bugged

Eirshy

You guys might have fixed his full immortality glitch (dunno, I discovered it only happened when I was in a party with newbs, so I simply stopped running it with people who spammed bullets at him while he was invulnerable), but he still has this weird pseudo-health-gate when he's frozen in ice mode. The first hit to deal damage to his health is the only hit that can hurt his health, in addition to his health having massive resistance to basically all damage (sonar lanka hit does at most 5%, likely much much less).

If this is not intentional, could you plaese bump it up in the queue of bugfixes? There's literally nowhere good for farming Oro Cells while solo at the current moment because of this.

If this *is* intentional, two different things related to it...

1) Could you please make it less awkward? The Lanka's the only thing that can actually deal any noteable damage to him, and it's doing under 10% even with sonar (650% amp). If you were to remove the one-hit-triggers-immunity but kept the massive resistances, it'd at least be *possible* for another weapon to do something to him. Or, just make him fully invulnerable until fire mode, no point in even letting you break his shield if only one weapon can even make his health bar budge a notable amount. Another tweak that would help is adding his 180* hammer swing to the list of moves that freeze him, and lower the freeze time. Would make the fight flow a *lot* better.

2) Is there a reason why you want him to take for-@(*()$-ever? He was fine when you had to freeze him to deal damage to him, and only Banshees could even realistically kill him before he'd thaw (fully maxed Acrid might've been able to pull it off, too). All this does is make old players (and new players alike, as Frost Prime drops from the Void) not want to touch the run, because it's so painfully slow.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

When Kril is frozen, he can take a bit of damage, but the ammount of damage he can take in this state is capped (working as intended I think).

You have to repeat until he enters into phase 2 (when he deals fire damage). Then he becomes vulnerable to damage again, with no caps.

I don't see how anyone could think this is a bug. This boss is designed so you have to use a strategy before you can take him down. You aren't supposed to be able to kill him in phase 1.

Edited by Cyme

When Kril is frozen, he can take a bit of damage, but the ammount of damage he can take in this state is capped (working as intended I think).

You have to repeat until he enters into phase 2 (when he deals fire damage). Then he becomes vulnerable to damage again, with no caps.

I don't see how anyone could think this is a bug. This boss is designed so you have to use a strategy before you can take him down. You aren't supposed to be able to kill him in phase 1.

Except it's not an amount of damage, it's the first hit that touches his health. If I break it with my Vipers/Gremlins I deal almost no damage to his health; if I break it with a Sonar Lanka I actually deal some damage.

I don't see how anyone could think this is working as intended :/

And "Strategy"? You mean break the cryopack, have a shade stealth you, then stand around waiting, potentially throwing in a melee attack every now and then to try and provoke an ice wave of freeze cast from him, then repeat 3 more times?

Because that's not strategy, that's boring and time consuming for no reason. It discourages you from running him, not encourages it.

Originally it was break the cryo pack, bait a freeze, and then try and lay into him enough so that he'd die, likely not succeeding unless you were/had a banshee with you. That mad rush to DPS him actually made him kinda fun- AND GAVE HIM strategy, because you had a limited window during which you could actually DPS him (making having a Banshee (or any other damage amp) in the party absolutely amazing).

Now it's just a lame Zelda boss fight that then turns into a bullet sponge once you finish. "Yaaaaaaay" *finger twirl*.

Don't forget after killing J3-Golem the gas cloud exists 100 h.

Annoying as well, but at least it doesn't make the boss take a year to run :/

That and I discovered Io is waaaaaay better for Neural Sensors lol

Edited by TheBlueJelly