Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Ability Mod System

ZeusV2-Prime

So I've played with multiple Warframes now and i keep finding the same thing with each one that there is always one or two abilities to that Warframe that are highly situational and i find myself barely using. Now i know i can just forma the slot and be done of it but that just seems like a waste. I think that Warframes should be able to have generic mods like Sentinels do such as Sanctuary that can be put on any Warframe and all have the exact same effect. This would also allow avenues for Warframes to not be locked into their already pre-determined role such as Loki being more stealth orientated. You wouldn't want to take completely away the reward that is playing a certain Warframe in its proper role but allows more variety for players who have a favorite Warframe and free up a mod slot. 
Ideas for mods: 
- Grenade style mod. Allowing the player to throw small objects that explode. 
- Takedown mod. Allowing the player to take down a single enemy from a distance some what like slash dash but single enemy. 
- Distraction mod. Lets the player make a sound projected into the distance distracting enemy, help in stealth game play. 
- Sanctuary mod for Warframes. Allowing a shield to appear while reviving a fallen teammate. 
This is just an idea and i believe the develops have made all appropriate abilities for each warframe just that sometimes once you've really grown attached to a warframe and can't stand a particular mod you shouldnt have to sacrifice anything. 

Im not really good with the ideas for new abilities why i thought id post about it and see what people thought of it and what they could come up with. 
By generic i mean just any warframe can use them, i just think it gives players who play warframes like rhino the devirsability in combat not to just sit and tank but maybe even play a more support role.