Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

On Orokin Defence, And Framerate Lag

Sparrohawk

So, myself and two of my clan members decided that doing a level 3 Orokin Tower defence was a good idea. On a side note, it may have been so, if I didn't decide to take along a level 7 Nyx 'frame.

Hilarious though our lack of thought and preparation on the actual mission was, what we quickly discovered as the waves went on was that we were having the most atrocious frame lag, despite all of us kicking our graphics to the lowest possible settings. It was rather a long slog and we were quite tired by the end of it.

So, feedback: doing that mission really, really sucked. It could have been fun, but it was just tiring. I'm wondering what quirk of the game's engine (I don't think it's my computer; it's certainly capable of handling anything else this game and others throws at it) caused this issue.

On a lighter note, we did win the mission. Between a Vauban, a Frost and a Nyx who's only installed power was Chaos, we pulled through to a Fang Prime Blade reward, on top of a heroic pile of materials and mods.

Yes, I've been having really bad framerates in the Void that only get worse as the mission progresses. It's surprising considering I can get high framerates on very populated missions anywhere else with the graphics almost at the maximum (I turn off a couple of settings out of personal preference).