Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion; Mods: More Customization, Better Enemies And A Larger Feeling Of "uniqueness"

DAWGUNITALPHA

One of this game's biggest strengths, it's modding system, is also it's current and major weakness. How so? Because it's entirely linear. Even as they add in more mods it's just a matter of either stacking whatever gives you the most damage, or stacking crit and calling it a day. Lately I've been trying out some novelty builds with my weapons and I've been really enjoying it, and even finding that a few of them are surprisingly useful. It's just a shame that the system doesn't promote actually experimenting or exploring with mods at all.

This leads me to suggestion one for mods. Downsides. Mods should have downsides to go with their upsides. A mod that increases, say, damage might also decrease accuracy, or even firing speed (hypothetical example there, I assume DE would be looking at each mod on a case by case basis and balancing them out properly). The purpose of this would be to make it a less linear path of upgrades.

Second suggest. Mod Slot Enhancements. Maybe I'm the only one out there, but with all the mods DE's been adding in to the game, sometimes I feel like I'm running out of space with only 8 mod slots. My idea to cure this would be to allow people to pay credits, a large sum at that, to permanently affix a mod to a matching polarity slot to alter the base stats of their gun. You would of course lose the original mod in this process, and the polarity, but you'd gain the ability to insert a mod into the slot again. So you'd have to think hard about what weapons you'd want to do this to if you wanted to spend mods like serration, given how hard they are to max out, or even frames with max redirection.

"But what if I want to change mods I slotted in..." Then with plat you could buy a new item that removes the mod and reverts the slot back to an unpolarized, empty state. Your mod is still gone though.

Of course this means we'd be getting stronger. What challenge would there be left? Then it's on to suggestion three. Enemies and Mods. The lore clearly has the corpus talking about mod technology, enemies drop them. Why don't they use them? Lower leveled enemies wouldn't of course. But imagine if mid to higher levelled enemies did. So the higher levelled they got, rather than scaling ridiculous armor and health, they equipped more and higher ranked mods. Just think about a squad of Heavy Gunners with multi-shot and serration bearing down on you. Or even piercing in the face of snowglobe!

This could allow for a cool new feature too! Specialized Drops. So you're running a T3 defense or something and you've just had no luck in finding retribution at all. But then you notice as you shoot one of the enemies, you start taking electrical damage (because of suggestion three up there, they can have mods you see). Eventually you kill it and the RNG gods bless you and out pops a fancy golden mod along with his standard drop and you get one of the mods he had equipped! Not only did the enemy drop the retribution it had, but it dropped at rank 2! In your joy you forget about the pod and you all fail!

So that's four suggestions on how I think mods in general can be fixed up a bit, please try and keep this topic civil and productive.

I think the mod balancing would be awesome and the upside should increase like normal and the downside should decrease as the mods are upgraded.

Not bad, I'd considered adding that in to the suggestion myself but wasn't sure. I imagine it'd go down by less than the upside increases though.