Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need More Difficult Content

SanityRobot

As it stands right now, playing with my roommate, the only content that is engaging is endless defense...on wave 10+.

Enemies below level 75-80 just die way too fast, eliminating any tactics really besides "shoot them in the face". Even T3 towers are fairly boring, aside from the occasional heavy gunner that has a head made of multiple bullet sponges, while most other things die in a couple shots.

I'm "burnt out" because doing defense missions over and over gets old, but doing normal raid/sabotage/rescue/deception/etc missions are just too boring...they are just run and gun while one or two shotting everything. I really wish they were difficult enough to provide some kind of challenge and require tactics.

Nightmare could fill that role, but as it stands most of the modifiers are either irrelevant (gravity) or game ruining (energy drain).

I agree completely.  Nightmare mode is fine but it just leaves you getting mods so that you can be more powerful, allowing you to...do nightmare mode more effectively to get more mods, which are irrelevant because you already have them?  It's a big problem and it needs to be fixed.

We've got defense that already goes infinitely far, so with some tweaks to prevent ult-spamming and CC-spamming constantly and encourage teamwork and coordination, it could be turned into a way to get infinitely difficult, providing endless challenge and room for improvement.  It's not all that much, but it's a start.

So basically we need skill-based (not time-based) challenges that reward you based on how skilled you are.  Some competition in these challenges for a subtle PvP aspect could be helpful as well.

Stop beating the dead horse. XD

Anyways, try running up against 5 Evicerators and a Heavy Gunner using a low level nova and a low level Dera. You get STOMPED. Nova is squishy and Dera sucks. Thats difficult enough. XD

Yeah, some of the most fun I've had was doing high level content with a low level frame and gun.

I wish there was a way that kind of gameplay translated to higher level content though, otherwise it just feels like gaining levels cuts into actual enjoyment of the game. Again, aside from high wave defense missions, but chopping the entire game down to one mission type gets really old really fast.