Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Side Shot

ArgonShadowstar

I had this idea when thinking about some of the cool moves we can do as space ninjas and thought it might be interesting to have the option to shoot simultaneously to your left and right with dual pistols.  If you hold the key/button and have an automatic weapon, it fires continuously as you'd expect.

Now I know some of you will probably think it'd be useless, but when you're surrounded by enemies, it might be pretty cool, plus I can think of some ways to combine it with some of the moves you can do to get some "Death Blossom" style gunplay.  And, it'd be optional.  You'd never have to use it, but for those of us who like to really get into the crazy parkour gunplay it might be fun.

Anyway, just a random idea I thought might be interesting to discuss.

Edited by .Argon.

This seems really confusing and kind of pointless. I would look cool but when would you use it? I would rather have a Warframe with a power to auto-target enemies and shoot them like that instead. Aiming would be the major issue, say stamina could be used to create a auto-targeting quick burst of shots, but then again it just screams a gun-slinging Warframe instead.

Edited by dadgoat

I had this idea when thinking about some of the cool moves we can do as space ninjas and thought it might be interesting to have the option to shoot at right angles with a key or button.  Perhaps it would only be available when using pistols, but the idea is that you press this button and fire a shot to the right (or both right and left if you have dual pistols).  If you hold the key/button and have an automatic weapon, it fires continuously as you'd expect.

Now I know some of you will probably think it'd be useless, but when you're surrounded by enemies, it might be pretty cool, plus I can think of some ways to combine it with some of the moves you can do to get some "Death Blossom" style gunplay.  And, it'd be optional.  You'd never have to use it, but for those of us who like to really get into the crazy parkour gunplay it might be fun.

Anyway, just a random idea I thought might be interesting to discuss.

Ok, so let me make sure i got you right...

You want to be facing lets say enemy A.

And having crosshair at point A.

By using lets say button (E-left) or (E-right) you want to be able to shoot in other directions? 

Like enemy E?

Pointless, since you can easier just aim it by mouse...

If you want to do stuff like in "wanted" and shoot enemies from behind corner , you need to explain a lot more, and clearer than you did.

Edited by PiotrGracz

I can think of a few situations where it'd be useful.  For one, enemies tend to sit on either side of a door waiting for you to come through.  You could roll through the door and fire in both directions when you come to a stop and hit the enemies on both sides of the door, or if you have Afuris, just charge or slide through firing in both directions as you go.  That would also work well in narrow rooms where enemies tend to hug the walls along the corridor, you could charge through the middle of the room hitting enemies on both sides, or jump kick the ones in the middle while firing to the sides, might hit quite a few of them, and if you're jump kicking, you go through enemies you hit, so you can keep going.  Another situation where it might be nice is if you're surrounded by infested, you could hold the side shot button down and spin in a circle.  This would be a faster way of hitting the enemies than relying on a high mouse acceleration.

I suppose it wouldn't be that useful with a single pistol, but with dual pistols it provides a way to divide the fire of both pistols in a more efficient way.

This idea came to mind originally when I was using the Afuris but I was recently using the twin Gremlins and thought of it again, so I figured I'd see how other people think about it.  This could just be a side effect of my play style, which is somewhat unusual, so it's no surprise others can't really see the point in it.  This suggestion isn't a way to make the game easier, it's just a style thing.  It'd look cool as well as being useful in some situations.

Edited by .Argon.

I don't see how this is in any way an exploitable or even particularly powerful tactic. Most of the time, your shots would miss anything important, leading you to either blast tons of ammo to get a kill from body shots, or just miss entirely. Headshots are really the name of the game in any high level missions, and this would just go unused because there's no good way to really be a marksman with it.

In general, this seems to be even less effective than just turning left then right and shooting the enemies in the face.