Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mouse Sensitivity - Lowest Just Isn't Low Enough

sx.Chaos

Sensitivity can be a sensitive subject for many, as there will always be arguments of which of high/low sensitivity would be the best option, and which of low/high DPI would be the best option. I'm not here to discuss any of which, but to simply ask:

Is there is a way to lower the in-game sensitivity past the value allowed in-game?

My goal is to lower my in-game sensitivity past the value it allows me with the "adjustment bar" without having to change windows sensitivity AND the DPI value of my mouse.

To give an idea as to how much lower I am in need of going, I want to look at sensitivity in terms of a measurement of the distance the mouse must travel in order to rotate the camera in game 360 degrees. To simplify things, I will be using:

cm/360 - centimeters per 360 - how many centimeters the mouse must travel in order for the crosshair/camera in-game to rotate 360 degrees, in a straight line, and arrive at the same spot.

I can say that my preferable cm/360 distance is 50cm/360.

For me to achieve my preferable cm/360 distance I must lower the DPI value on my mouse to 400 and decrease the in-game sensitivity to the absolute lowest it can go. I would prefer to be using a higher value but currently when changing the mouse to DPI to 6400 with the in-game sensitivity at a minimum, this brings my cm/360 distance down to ~4cm/360.

To sum this all up, I'm looking for a way to achieve a lower in-game sensitivity, without having to lower the DPI of my mouse.

Edited by pchaos

Personally I play with it on the higher end of the spectrum, but I definitely agree that the option for lower should be available whenever possible. It's always a pet peeve of mine when I play an rts (I always bind wasd to camera) and I can't set the scroll speed low enough for it to feel right.