Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Always try to Host" and "Never Host" Options

Axio.

So we've all been in situations where we've been dropped into a squad where the host has extremely bad ping. Extremely high ping or extremely unreliable ping can ruin the game for everyone involved. Shots don't register, damage takes too long to go through, and you're hit by things that are aiming at your hitbox, which stops and goes as the lag fails to constantly refresh your position. I suggest there be an option in the game's settings for people who know their ping is bad to opt out of hosting, since it makes the game unplayable for the 3 other people in the squad who might have good ping. I also want an option implemented so that people with low (good) ping can have a higher chance of hosting a mission, so that HPBs can stop inadvertently forcing an entire squad to remake. Just now, I was forced to play Elite Onslaught with someone whose ping was spiking anywhere between 100 and 1,200. His ping was so bad that we actually didn't get a reward after doing two rounds, and then I was Host Migrated. I finished out of Round 3 Solo, letting efficiency tick down, hoping my reward would show up after the mission ended, but it did not.

This has happened before, too, where high ping hosts have failed to net me the rewards I deserve for playing certain gamemodes, such as Onslaught and Excavation.

unknown.png

As you can see here, it clearly says "ZONE 3 REACHED" however I have no reward for the time it took struggling with my high ping host.

And then, when I advised the player in squad chat to avoid hosting with such high ping, he began to mock me before he Host Migrated me out after Wave 2.

unknown.png

However an "Always Host" option would avoid most of this toxicity, as well as the predicament where people are missing out on rewards that they have rightfully earned.

There's a in-game feature that can help. Go to Options > Gameplay > Matchmaking Ping Limit "xxx", and set your desired ping to play as a client. Will reduce amount of players you can play with. Default is 300ms, I run with 125-150ms. If you're looking for a squad in recruitment chat, a warning will pop up, them you can choose to bail or play with some internet lag. Good luck!

• 1 month later...

Another option, before the match/game starts a test of some sort is run and the one with the best connection is made host. Or, DE starts to add a file to everyone's login showing an average connection or lag score and this is used to determine the host.