The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma needs a rework and thats how it can be done

ThadeD

Sadly with the latest change to Chroma he became less effective vs high level enemies.

For the longest time Chroma was a 2 active/passive abilities frame with high ehp and damage but now he became useless in comparison to other frames that can do a lot more.

Chroma was one of my favs frames and as a cool dragon with elemental focus he has a ton of potential.

My suggestion for his rework is to make him more active and with more in game options during fights to adapt in many situations.He will work as follows:

Passive : Dragonic heritage

Chroma regenerates his health passively (1% per second) and status effects on him are halved(dragons are very resilient)

1)Chromatic breath:

Spoiler

Chroma fires a blast dealing damage based on current active element
(on default before learning elementla infusion just normal damage)
effects:
- with heat element active deals heat damage and burns targets dealing damage per second
- with electricity element active deals electric damage and immobilize targets
- with toxin element active deals toxic damage and reduces enemies armor
- with cold element active deals cold damage and slows enemies

scales with ability power for higher damage,range,efficiency and duration for cc.

Afterburn Augment:(turn into heavy cc)
- heat element will cause a small explosion making ememies panic.
- electricity element will stun enemies
- toxin element will create a gas cloud disarming enemies
- cold element will freeze targets.Enemies who die and shatter deal damage to other nearby enemies.

Many options with cc and useful interactions based on elements

2)Elemental Infusion

They ability to change element in fight can offer many ways to adapt in any situation.

Spoiler

active: Chroma can toggle between elements heat,electricity,toxin and cold

passive:
- having heat element increases health and regeneration(passive)
- having electricity element increases shields and shields also regenerate in combat
- having toxin element increases weapon damage reload speed,holster speed and attack speed
- having cold element increases armor each second,taking damage removes a % portion of armor gained

scales with ability power for higher bonuses,efficiency for lower cost to toggle

Everlasting Ward:
allies gain half of Chromas passive effects

3)Dragonic Scales

Spoiler

Chroma gains a scale shield based on his max health and shields.
(he will grow metalic scales on some parts of his armor)
- While scales are active his armor is increased and with each hit he takes his armor grows stronger.
when scales are destroyed they erupt dealing damage to nearby enemies based on the damage he took
- After the shield is destroyed Chroma gains Fury
- Fury gives bonus weapon damage with each second until duration ends

Dragons heart Augment:
- Gain Fury directly and scale shield will reactivate when destroyed.
- with each erruption of scale shield damage and shield will be less effective

scales with ability power for higher damage,range,efficiency and duration.

Can not be re-casted to refresh the shield strength or else he could be unkillable due to the infinite shield

(For those who think that the Shield will be op its based on max health and shields so around 2k-2,5k shield and with dragons heart each reactivation will make it 15% weaker,meaning in high levels it wont last long)

4)Effigy

Spoiler

summon a dragon from pelt
Chroma gains 20%speed and loses 50% armor
- Dragon will follow you and will attack targets (dragon stays in a 15m radius around you)
- Dragon gains the effect of chromas passive and elemental infusion
- Dragon can use chromatic breath.
- Dragoncan roar to stun enemies.

scales with ability power for higher damage,range,efficiency.

As you can see with these changes he will be a more versatile active unique warframe that can adapt in different situations and also being tanky enough to survive in higher levels.The only problem that he will find is the high energy consumption but that will also keep him in check.

Thanks for reading and be free to comment on the ideas.

Both nerf and buff.It will be a damaging ability that grand armor when hit it.When directly activated its pretty weak but when taking damage and fury gets activated the longer u will have it the stronger it will become.The ability timer wont stop when scales erupt it will continue to provide the buffs until it ends.So the higher the duration the stronger u get.

Well I admit that got a hard time with chroma in Elite Sanctuary Elite Onslaught ...It hard to kill fast enough...

For me 
Spectral Scream is total useless. = =" 
Effigy seem to be waste as you said... and with -50% armor some time it was death button.

However I think it need some skill to replace that.
In my opinion

Spectral Scream

Elemental Ward (may be Nerf to be self buff?)

Vex Armor (may be Nerf to be self buff? or less % Damage buff ?)

Effigy (mde it use a bit less energy and maybe remove money gain effect *I mean I am fine for credit with The Index)

*New power : Over flow (maybe ?) Chroma take buff that made him hover on the ground with his wing and take some movement speed , status change on his weapon , add some element damage according to his energy color. (maybe add some attack speed ? or one more element aura that does damage around him ?)

Edited by T004