Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quality Of Life Changes

Spirit_of_Night

I've run into a few issues, most of which are (should be) fairly quick fixes, but are things which would make enough of an improvement to make the game that much more of an enjoyable experience.

I find that little things in a game make as much of a difference in how enjoyable it is to play as the overall aesthetic and play style.

So without further ado:

Lobby/personal area:

- When buying/selling items, a quantity slider or [- +] box to allow multiple items bought/sold at once

- When applying mods to weapons, have them show what they will do, including the effects of other mods

- - I know this one is a bit bigger but it will help both new and older players understand the effects of mods on their weapons/frames (it took me the longest time to figure out that serration is applied before elemental mods, for example)

Gameplay/weapons:

- Projetile weapons and piercing.

- - Shortly said, they don't. The easiest fix I can think of is; when the projectile strikes an object, check to see if the launcher has penetration (from mods, or other source), and apply the normal calculation for piercing weapons

- Explosive weapons

- - Both the Thunderbolt mod, and the Ogris produce explosions originating from the point of impact, they do not go round corners, not at all. The point of impact on any target seems to be a direct line drawn from the origin of the explosion to the target(s), thus it can cause headshots, or hit weak points if the explosion comes from the right angle.

- - Easy solotion is to have them fully travel through walls, and have no point of origin, just do generic damage to whatever's in range. Headshots and weak point hits with explosions make very little sense anyway.

- - This does, naturally, make it harder to determine how much damage the explosion should do, as many/all explosives do more damage the closer the target is to the origin.

- Death animations/effects

- - There are many cool animations for dying in the game, but some produce different effects. The most notable is arrows causing damage by flying bodies into other enemies.

- - Some death animations (notably the fire one) leave the enemy standing in situ for a very long time, making it impossible to hit the enemies behind them, but they can hit you just fine.

- - - I'd like to be able to destroy bodies by shooting them more. (get out of my line of sight <boom!>)

- - I would like to see the ability to choose which elemental death effect you'd prefer to happen with your weapon, and the majority of the time, or only that one happen when you make the kill.

- - Bow kills should take priority, over ALL other death types (excepting possible those that completely destroy the body. Don't fire *too* hard!)