The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Charge Speed

PatiqForLife

Question

6 answers to this question

Theoretically they all have 1.0 base charge speed but there are some inconsistencies. I haven't done much testing myself, but according to the Wiki (which may not be accurate/updated):

Dual Zoren - "

Advantages:

• High rate of fire.
  • charge can hit multiples
  • attack at twice speed of normal sword, normal and charge attack"

This part isn't very clear, if that means is should have a faster charge speed.

Scindo -

Base Charge Time - 1.0 This however is not an indictator of the actual time to charge. Furax, Skana, and Cronus melee weapons also have a listed Base Charge time of 1.0 while their actual time to charge is roughly half that of the Scindo.

Scindo actual charge time is ~2 seconds. Needs testing.

From my own experiance, the Furax has both an extremely fast base charge speed and attack rate. And while I haven't tried the Dual Zoren myself, at the very least, they don't seem any faster, likely making these two weapons (and probably a few others) the fastest.

While the Furax does not, indeed, deal the highest charge damage... it deals the second highest. Coupled with the fastest charge time, which is roughly half that of the Fragor and Scindo (the two weapons with the highest charge damage), the Furax has the best single target DPS of any melee weapon. I one-shot chargers and smaller grineer of any difficulty (unless I screw up my aim and only land a glancing blow) and pretty much tear through high level ancients in four to fives hits, and that's with fairly substandard mods. The Furax also let me solo the Jackal with ease, one-shotting his leg(s) in less than a second, then nailing away at his face.