The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframes

Ukrainian

Question

8 answers to this question

well while I'm far from pro i will still post my played warframe as you sound new.

LOKI: god of deception or something, for in game description

he is one of the fastest warframes in game right now making him good if you like rushing through missions blasting things, his skills make him a great soloer but very reliant on his weapons as none of his skills do actual damage.

1st skill: Decoy, pretty effective as all enemies will attack it before any of your teammates or yourself. However later in the game decoy becomes pretty weak(not enough hp and shields) to be effective unless you over charge loki, I've only used him as a rank 15 so far.

2nd skill: Invisibility, this skill is the god send to soloing for one it lasts about 10 seconds i believe, don't quote me on that. It also gives ALL melee attacks critical damage while in use, making it perfect for all enemies as you can stealth and one hit charge them all before they even hit you

3rd skill: Teleport swap( i don't think thats the right name) you can swap places with any unit in the game, this includes teamates, enemies, hostages, i haven't tried it on those flying drone things yet. this skill is also limited by range.

4th skill: Radial Disarm, basically you break all enemies guns so they get mad and start throwing punches at you since nothing can shoot, super effective for grineer as you can use it then when they run at you charge melee to send pieces flying. i haven't actually used it myself though, also limited by range.

in summary Loki is a great solo warframe and can put out a lot of damage if you use invisibility and swap teleport effectively

A IMPORTANT NOTE: Loki is the only current warframe without a boss to get blueprints, so you CANNOT get him right now unless you pick him first, or buy him with platinum.

You're tempting me to wall of text you to death... but very well. I'll try to be brief.

Excalibur: An all around good frame with decent speed and survivability. It has a skill very commonly seen dashing through groups of mobs. This frame has above average mobility and a versatility. It has no real complex mechanics to learn, and is great for starting the game.

Loki: Possessing no nuke at all, this frame is more for manuevering and special tactics like swapping places, disarming mobs, stealthing, and using a decoy to draw fire. It's not a particularly new user friendly frame, though it does have above average movement speed to off-set it's lack of direct lethality.

Volt: A very nukey frame, it has some side benefits including a bullet screen and a super speed. It's more known for it's ultimate ability that deals large amounts of electrical damage to everything in a large radius. Corpus (a faction in the game) are known to be weak to it, and are often stunned.

Rhino: The consumate tank of the game, Rhino has an ability that prevents it from taking any damage for a time. It is slow, but heavily armored. It also has a charge that can knockdown (or be used for mobility) and an AoE spell that does a small amount of damage, but renders enemies unable to react for a small amount of time.

Mag: A support heavy frame, it's only nuke is it's ultimate, which also has a CC aspect. It will suspend enemies in the air for a medium amount of time. It's other abilities tend to be lackluster, they include a pull (can be used on friendlies, probably it's only real use) a shield buff/debuff, and a very weak or niche CC that only affects ranged units. I would not recommend this frame to a new player.

Trinity: Another support frame, this one basically taps a target with one of her spells, and the target grants life or energy to those who shoot it. It can also transfer damage that it would otherwise take, and fully restore health/shields to nearby allied units, and grant a limited invulnerability. On the average mission, the Trinity will be of very little use. It is however, extremely strong against high health units (bosses.) It is also one of the slowest frames in the game.

Ash: A very agile frame, it has the ability to port directly to it's target, stealth, and throw a skillshot nuke that can benefit from headshot damage, unlike most other frame abilities. It has an ultimate that causes the Ash to jump around dealing large amounts of damage to enemies. The ultimate is unreliable, you will lose control of your character and often he will jump to a target that can be hazardous to his health. I strongly recommend against this frame for a new player, even a master will still suffer from his occasional bugs.

Ember: A frame with average speed but no special mobility, the Ember specializes in fire damage. It's adept at stopping rushing herds of foes, most particularly effective against Infested (another faction in game.) It's easy to use, and a very well balanced frame, being neither overpowered or underpowered by most standards. An excellent choice for someone with poor weapon skills.

Frost: One of the newest frames, this one is still being balanced. For now, it's very slow with no extra mobility, but is gifted with some of the best defensive and offensive abilities around. It's naturally tanky, and can wipe out large groups of opponents in a manner similar to the Mag. However, it's other abilities are generally more useful than the Mag's, and can create a sphere that stops all incoming fire, and slows any entering into melee range.

Nyx: The other new frame. It's lacking in most departments, being not particularly fast, having poor nukage, and specializing in affecting enemy behavior. Being that it's still new and is likely going to be rebalanced, it's difficult to say how long the Nyx will stay in it's current form, but it's highly recommended to stay away from this frame if you are new.

Hope that helps, I tried to stay brief, there's so much to say about any of them.

i started with a volt, and its shield is just insane. First, it blocks everything that gets thrown your way. Second, any bullets that pass thru it on your end(YOU can shoot through it as long as you are on the correct side) it super charges your bullets with electricity. Needless to say if there is a swarm of heavies coming, drop a shield and just hose through it, Everything dies.