The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equipment Ranks, Equipment Power And The Skilltree

tiberian288

Question

So I have a question here and am wondering if anyone knows the answer

How do equipment ranks relate to the equipments power? Does it increase in power as you rank up with it and the points in the skilltree are bonuses to stats or is the skilltree the only way it gets better stats

Basically I have my Braton which is rank 13 and not supercharged I am pretty much done the basic skill tree. Now i have my warframe too which is rank 18 and not supercharged. I am done the skilltree for the warframe and have 2 points i can't spend because it isn't supercharged. The warframe is still ranking up even though i can't spend anymore points.

When i finally finish the skill tree with the Braton which is 2 more ranks does ranking it up even have a point at that point? am i going to be punished at the higher level planets because I have a weak weapon because i didn't shell out cash for an orokin catalyst for the better skill tree?

4 answers to this question

Your weapon can still be good... i did the maps on pluto (except Hades and defense maps) solo without having a reactor on my warframe (was excalibur back then) and on my weapons... but it was all lvl 30 with lvl 30 mods so its not useless to level the weapon to 30 without supercharge

Edited by Fatalityyy

How do equipment ranks relate to the equipments power? Does it increase in power as you rank up with it and the points in the skilltree are bonuses to stats or is the skilltree the only way it gets better stats?

Skill Tree is the only way to increase the stats (Additionally with Mod Slots)

Basically I have my Braton which is rank 13 and not supercharged I am pretty much done the basic skill tree. Now i have my warframe too which is rank 18 and not supercharged. I am done the skilltree for the warframe and have 2 points i can't spend because it isn't supercharged. The warframe is still ranking up even though i can't spend anymore points

This is because you have not unlocked the rest of the skill tree your for weapon/warframe. The complete tree is unlocked when you get install an Orokin Reactor or Catalyst. Even if you can't max it out, you should still level them up to be able to equip higher level Mods for amazing stat bonuses.

When i finally finish the skill tree with the Braton which is 2 more ranks does ranking it up even have a point at that point? am i going to be punished at the higher level planets because I have a weak weapon because i didn't shell out cash for an orokin catalyst for the better skill tree?

You won't be punished but instead your weapon wont be as overpowered as a weapon that is maxed out in the skill tree. You should still level up weapons for the sake of better mods.