The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Passive Abilities Concepts And Ideas

silentdrumr

I always felt like each warframe should have some form of passive ability that really separates it from the rest.

As of now the only differences I see are the shields/health/armor/energy/speed, but it would be nice to see something more in tune with their theme.

I've come up with a couple of ideas that I feel could synergize well with the playstyle and themes of each frame.

Here's what I got so far:

Each 10th level of mastery increases effects for a total of 4 levels as shown below.

1        2          3         4   
0-9 / 10-19 / 20-29 /  30

---------------------------------

Loki: Bulletproof - Dodging is 5%/ 10%/ 15%/ 20% faster when fired upon and damage reduction is increased by 5%/ 6%/ 7%/ 10%.

Banshee: Amplify - Banshee's powers gain 2%/ 4%/ 6%/ 8% range for any skill that is used at max energy. At max rank she only needs at least 75% energy to grant the effect.

Excalibur: Battle Cry - When Excalibur's health reaches 5%/ 7%/ 9%/ 12%, he gains 20% bonus damage on all weapons and 10% bonus armor piercing on melee weapons. When at max rank, he also gains 10% bonus
armor.

RhinoJuggernaut - The longer rhino is actively sprinting, he gains 2.5%/ 5%/ 7.5%/ 10% movement speed per second. The effect is cancelled and his speed drops back to his base speed as soon as he stops sprinting. If he charges into an enemy after a 7/6/5/4 second sprint, that enemy will go flying(ragdoll).

Nekros: Blood Offering - Nekros may use his skills even at 0 energy. Depending on the energy required to use the skill, he will take 120%/ 100%/ 90%/ 75% damage straight to health. Regular energy will prioritize over this ability until it is fully depleted. This ability may not kill Nekros, but Nekros will not be able to use skills unless he either has sufficient energy or health.

Ember: Infernal - Ember gains 5%/ 10%/ 15%/ 25% fire damage on weapons whenever she has at least two abilities active simultaneously.

Frost: Cold-snap - When Frost's shields are depleted, enemies in a 3m/ 4m/ 5m/ 6m radius are frozen for 0.5/ 0.8/ 1.2/ 1.5 seconds.

Saryn: Toxic Adept - 2.5%/ 5%/ 7.5%/ 10% resistant to toxic/poisons. Anything poisoned will take 10/ 15/ 20/ 25 extra bonus damage per hit from Saryn.

Nova: Volatile - When downed, nova emits a blast dealing 100/ 150/ 200/ 250 at a range of 5m/ 8m/ 12m/ 16m radius.  At max rank, the blast will also prime targets.

Mag: Magnetize - When Mag is at full energy, she magnetizes her weapons which causes them to increase fire rate by 2%/ 4%/ 6%/ 8%. When at max rank, she also gains faster weapon switch by 20%.

Volt: Re-energize - Volt gains 15%/ 25%/ 45%/ 75% more energy per orb. When at max rank, he gains 2.5% shield from each orb picked up.

Trinity: Swift aid - Has 5%/ 8%/ 12%/ 15% faster reviving speed and can revive from a distance(0.5m/ 1.0m/ 1.5m/ 2m). When at max rank, she gains 1 second of invulnerability while reviving an ally.

Vauban: Dispense - If any of Vauban's skills kill 4/ 3/ 2/ 1 or more enemies, they will have a 25%/ 30%/ 40%/ 50% chance to drop items(ammo, health, energy) when the skill's duration is over.

Ash: Shadow-run - Slides and wall runs are 5%/ 8%/ 12%/ 18% faster. At max rank, he gains 10% faster stamina recharge.

Nyx: Ethereal Darkness - When a skill is active, every enemy unit Nyx kills gains 0.25%/ .5%/ 0.75%/ 1% duration.

----------------------------------

Thanks for taking the time to read and please feel free to comment on what you think! I tried my best to balance them, but any feedback would be appreciated.

I'm open to suggestions.

Also here's a post to another topic I posted concerning active abilities on weapons.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/102672-active-abilities-for-weapons-or-potential-mods/#entry1180341

Damn that's a lot of ideas mate.

Need balancing, like everything.

Overall. Big +

Yeah I know xD this is more of a rough sketch. I'd like people to really contribute to the idea of having passive abilities though. I feel like it can help define the frame and perhaps better suit what you're looking for when you play. Thanks for your input!

I like it, except the nyx passsive it seems sort of unneeded. Also I was thinking the Frost ability might be a bit OP, an alternative might be resistance too ice. Possibly additional armor when enemies are afflicted by ice, or additional armor when inside his snowglobe. Or possibly you could give allies bullets that shoot out of the snowglobe ice slowing effects.

• 1 month later...