Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So It Spreads Again.....

BoompigXD

IT HAS RETURNED.

THE LOTUS WAS NOT EXPECTING IT. 

THE PLAGUE IS SPREADING AGAIN.

THE TENNO ARE OUTNUMBERED AND OUTCLASSED

LOSE ALL HOPE. DON'T TRY TO SURIVE.

After a Corpus researcher found a hidden sample of the Great Plague Virus, he took it back to his research faculty, only to be turned into a hulk of destruction. He then spread the plague, being immune to all Corpus weaponry. The entire ship is completely unrecognizable now as a Corpus Ship, instead it is a plague zone. 

The Great Plague greatly outnumbers and outclasses the Tenno. Some are able to take down entire cells of Tenno, in just a few minutes, others, provide great danger due to their abilities. Here are some examples of these walking armies:

(Concept Art coming soon)

Mires:

Mires have been salvaged from these creatures during the first war. These Plague Warriors come in hordes, and have swords that are so gruesome, that the Tenno have declared them inhumane. They are weak, but fast, and have good range.

Plaguetusks:

Tenno have used these creatures’ tusks as weapons for a very good reason: They can cut through Warframes, cleanly, with little effort, these high damage beasts deal great harm to groups of Tenno, and death to a solo Tenno.  Be Aware.

Grenadier:

These putrid, slow-moving, digesting abominations spit out large globs of Poison. Stay on the move Tenno.

Eldritch:

The oldest form of The Great Plague, they are the strongest, having the look of a large worm with legs; they are the ones that you do not want to come across. They eat Tenno, and spit them out (Note: Not Insta-kill).

Not necessarily. In the game it is stated that there are many strains of the infection at work.

Tenno predates some, as does golems.

The original plague is just another strain, maby more potent.

I can see two developments.

1) the hives wage war on each other.

2) the infested join ranks, possibly with a new hivemind, .

Either way, a new story line, new units, mods, a frame, location etc.

It wont break anything, if done right.

Not necessarily. In the game it is stated that there are many strains of the infection at work.

Tenno predates some, as does golems.

The original plague is just another strain, maby more potent.

I can see two developments.

1) the hives wage war on each other.

2) the infested join ranks, possibly with a new hivemind, .

Either way, a new story line, new units, mods, a frame, location etc.

It wont break anything, if done right.

I LIKE IT!

I'd prefer though if this strain would mutate in a different way so as really distinguish them from the current infested. Maybe instead of animal like mutations you could do insects? This would explain why there are so many with a more established hive mind. You can finally introduce flying infested if this works. Like there can be harmless larvae all around but if left for too long or if aggravated they might morph into wasp thingies that will swarm you.

Worse, you could mutate into arachnids. Uhhhh, okaaaay, large hairy swarms of armored, fast and poisoned arachnids. The Tenno will not sleep well tonight.

Edited by ErudiusNacht

I LOVE this idea, would they be labelled as "Plague" on the mission cards though?

All in all though, I'm 100% behind this idea, damn awesome if you ask me, and heck, it'd shake things up.

So this is like a nightmare mission? I was hoping it would be like a whole new faction and planet system that houses them all in all like the Orokin derelicts and Phobos.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I like the idea of a whole infested space station, possibly ships as well, permanent map points..

This would pose a threat to the entire system,

Even the infested.

Side note, no infested are clawing biting monsters.

They are soft, slimy things, barely scary.

These new infested sound like they cound put the fear into players at last.