Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Burston Still Doesn't Feel Up To Par

Volt_Cruelerz

I've written about it before here https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/10786-braton-vandal-burston/ and here https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/8453-burston-vs-braton-and-everything-else-for-that-matter/

While I definitely appreciate the effort and it is a lot better in several ways, there are a few things I'd like to comment on.

Things I'm thankful you guys changed:

1. Rate: You have no idea how happy I was when I read that the Burston had a rate buff and was now actually affected by rate mods and nodes. This is a fantastic addition that makes it much better against hordes (though still not as good as autos of course).

2. Accuracy: While I have yet to get used to this new system, I'm sure I'll eventually get to the point where I'll be able to get at least one bullet to headshot and one to bodyshot which is pretty much exactly what I suggested. It also boosts a skill ceiling such that the user could theoretically headshot with all three if they were precise with their mouse.

Things that still might need work:

Damage: I suggested it before as something that might need to happen and I think it does. I don't think it would be too much, just 20->21/22 or so. Small buff that might help make the difference for skilled players that are going to consistently headshot. Maybe this is just an illusion since I haven't yet learned to hit with the vertical climb the gun now has, but from initial testing, it seems to still be impotent next to the Bratons. Idk.. when I use it, I don't feel like I have a lethal weapon in my hands. Maybe it's the sound effects or something, but I don't feel powerful; I feel gimped for some reason. Running 4 70% ms mods and 25% piercing on it on Pluto frequently had enemies surviving with 5-10% health, forcing me to fire another burst. I get that it's Pluto, but the whole point of a burst weapon in a game is that you can put enough lead in them to kill before moving onto the next target thus saving time. If you have to unload an entire second burst, that's two wasted bullets as opposed to the zero or one wasted shots on the autos plus the additional time it takes to fire the second burst.

Perhaps it was just me and how used to the spread of the old one, but I actually felt more powerful then than I do now... Once again, I say this as a preliminary review and it may change over time as I get used to the new vertical climb.

I actually think that this version is much, much stronger than the old one. My comparison is against grineer, a little corpus. Between burston ranks 17-28.

I started with the old burston, thinking it'd be an accurate and good-feeling weapon, but it wasn't really all that good. It is now incredibly accurate. It used to go all over the place, so that trying to use it was just annoying. Now I can hit at least two bullets in the head at long ranges, each burst. One for running targets. Compared to zero guaranteed hits before, this is a great improvement.

I use currently use 2 damage and 3 AP mods on it (damage mods are 15,7% and 17,7%, AP mods are 14,7%, 15,8% and 16,3%). Earth grineer shotguns/bratons always go down with 1-2 bursts, even with mediocre mods.

Another thing about it is that it has very good ammo efficiency. I very much prefer Burston to Braton/Braton Vandal now, at least for killing grineer or corpus. I like it for killing ancients, too. The bratons might be better for killing chargers and others that are always in close range.

I think the most lethal feature of this weapon is the extreme accuracy. I really feel like I got a deadly gun in my hands whenever I grab the Burston.

The Burston feels really enjoyable to use now. Great job DE!

EDIT: One problem I noticed that whenever my fps goes down to 30-40, my rate of fire decreases so much that there is a jarring difference to the tight bursts that it throws out at 120 fps.

Edited by Inofor

Running 4 70% ms mods and 25% piercing on it

how is that not equivalent or better than

put 25% dmg and 25% armor pen in it. Add a 45%+ fire rate mod OR multishot mod

also the burston has been known to be underpowered for quite some time, its not a secret or that people just aren't good enough. It did recieve a well needed buff, and I'd have to say we'll wait and see how it performs now. I haven't tried the updated version myself but I've heard mixed things about it.

Edited by TinFoilMkIV

STOP COMPLAING ABOUT WEAPONS. Max you burston, put 25% dmg and 25% armor pen in it. Add a 45%+ fire rate mod OR multishot mod and it will rape.

You apparently didn't read any of the OP if you said that. Stop raging and chill out dude.

You're always best off putting 4x multishot and 1x 25% piercing on any gun which I do for all rifles.

I actually think that this version is much, much stronger than the old one. My comparison is against grineer, a little corpus. Between burston ranks 17-28.

I started with the old burston, thinking it'd be an accurate and good-feeling weapon, but it wasn't really all that good. It is now incredibly accurate. It used to go all over the place, so that trying to use it was just annoying. Now I can hit at least two bullets in the head at long ranges, each burst. One for running targets. Compared to zero guaranteed hits before, this is a great improvement.

I use currently use 2 damage and 3 AP mods on it (damage mods are 15,7% and 17,7%, AP mods are 14,7%, 15,8% and 16,3%). Earth grineer shotguns/bratons always go down with 1-2 bursts, even with mediocre mods.

Another thing about it is that it has very good ammo efficiency. I very much prefer Burston to Braton/Braton Vandal now, at least for killing grineer or corpus. I like it for killing ancients, too. The bratons might be better for killing chargers and others that are always in close range.

I think the most lethal feature of this weapon is the extreme accuracy. I really feel like I got a deadly gun in my hands whenever I grab the Burston.

The Burston feels really enjoyable to use now. Great job DE!

EDIT: One problem I noticed that whenever my fps goes down to 30-40, my rate of fire decreases so much that there is a jarring difference to the tight bursts that it throws out at 120 fps.

This is what I was suggesting in the final caveat. It may well be on par, but the fact that I'm not used to it yet may be preventing me form properly gaguing how powerful it really is. I'll make sure to double-check when I get time.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/9166-frame-rate-affects-the-game-too-much/

In all seriousness, the burston is much better, but it does still feel weak, or like an inferior option.

Needs a punchy sound effect for the burst, and more damage. Give us the POWER, you know? I want to be holding an instrument of death in my hands. It need not be huge or excessive like the Gorgon, as long as it is surgical, precise, and destructive. That is how the Burston should feel.