Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Headshot Bonus Damage

Eric1738

headshot multiplier for critical hit is x4 instead of x2. i have no idea y this is happening. this is quite unfair for low crit chance weapons.

there is the thread i post a while ago. same problem basiaclly, though i didnt pay too much attention till recently

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/134786-crit-on-weak-spots-behaves-strangely/

Edited by Eric1738

euhm the natural headshot dmg is x2 as far as I know, so you say in the end you do crit dmg x4 or just overall x4?

say u do non-crit 100 damage, and 150 crit damage. when u haed shot, non-crit becomes 100x2=200, while critical hit becomes 150x4=600.

according to this:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Critical_Hit_%28Mechanic%29

"All critical hits on special bodyparts will subject to another Critical multiplier depending on the weapon itself, therefore critically dealt damage against special body parts will be multiplied twice on itself."

though i'm still not worded enough on the damage calculations, so i can't tell you exactly how it works (plus i haven't tested myself) but simply put, seems like crits to special part= extra free damage.

Whats wrong with that?

Shooting at the head takes skill, so it rewards you with double damage.

Getting lucky while shooting the head rewards you with another double damage

So it totals 4x damage for critical headshots.

it's wrong because it's unfair to low crit chance weapons. a headshot is a headshot, crit or non-crit, same skill, so u shouldnt get double effect because the weapon relies on critical hit.

I see what you mean.

It should have been an addition instead of multiplication. That should solve the issue

In event of critically hitting weak spots: 100% base damage + 100% weak spot damage + (100% base damage x critical multiplier of weapon)

In event of critically hitting non weak spots: 100% base damage + (100% base damage x critical multiplier).

Regards,

Nic

I see what you mean.

It should have been an addition instead of multiplication. That should solve the issue

In event of critically hitting weak spots: 100% base damage + 100% weak spot damage + (100% base damage x critical multiplier of weapon)

In event of critically hitting non weak spots: 100% base damage + (100% base damage x critical multiplier).

Regards,

Nic

Not quite what he is saying.

If I'm reading him right he is saying that the headshot bonus damage should be

Non-Crit: (damage) x 2

Crit: (damage x crit multiplier) x 2

Which is more or less indifferent to crit rate and crit multiplier (crits will deal the same ratio to normal hit damage on a headshot or a bodyshot). Instead of the current formula

Non-Crit: (damage) x 2 (no change)

Crit: ((damage x crit multiplier) x 2) x crit multiplier)

Which dramatically favors weapons with high crit rates and high crit multipliers (ie soma and synapse) far more than weapons with lower crit rates.

Ex:) Under his proposed changes a weapon that did 10 damage with a 3.0 crit multiplier would deal 60 damage to a weak spot instead of 180 (non-crits would still deal 20 damage to the weak spot with this weapon).

• 1 month later...

The damage type doesn't affect the multiplier itself, but your weapons won't deal identical damage unless by coincidence.

If your Paris Prime does a 5k body crit and your Dread a 4k body crit on the same grineer target, then you will do a 20k headshot crit with the Paris Prime and a 16k headshot crit with the Dread. Same 4x multiplier, but since they did different damage to begin with, they still do the same ratio in damage.

I will say that after some testing yesterday, it appears that Crewmen and MOA actually do not seem to get the 4x multiplier. Grineer, Ancients, and their Corrupted counterparts do, but the Corpus and their Corrupted counterparts don't seem to. Removing Crewmen helmets didn't change anything, either - it seems that the helmets are purely visual now. If anyone could test and confirm/deny this all for me, that'd be nice. Also, testing as both a host and a client would be nice, too, since I only ever test solo (host).