The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Few Interesting Ideas Regarding Melee And Parrying

SgtFlex

So, after using the Reflex Guard mod today (which I've never used before) at 30%, I must say, that using it feels rather...awesome. It increases the lifespan of my shields by nearly triple or more when using it, and I've only got 130 shields on my Valkyr. So, I figured I might as well throw a few suggestions out there that might make Warframe feel a bit more ninja-like

-Add a quick-parry key

-Add a quick-shot key (quickly pull out sidearm to fire a shot/barrage) (Wouldn't work with Dual pistols, heavy melees, Dual daggers)

-Rework the way parry handles stamina (Amount rather than damage of bullets)

-Make it so you can shoot while quick-parrying (I noticed this issue whilst using Reflex Guard, it would interrupt your shooting and wouldn't allow you to shoot again until it was done parrying)

-Make it so Reflex Guard stops working after your stamina is below a certain amount (since it quickly regens) (The whole idea of this Reflex Guard balance is that you can shoot while it parrys like it does, but it would stop working after a certain amount of stamina is depleted)

I know this might defeat the purpose of using Reflex Guard for some since there would be parrying if DE considered this suggestion, but at the same time it would be good for those with slow reflexes, or dealing with hit-scan Grineer.

There is some balancing going on in this idea, as an incentive to not always use Dual-everything, or heavy melees. It sort of diversifies what you might want to do and use.

Thoughts?

EDIT: An example of how effective this is. This would be no different than if quick-parry were implemented, except it would be a bit more balanced, and it wouldn't be triggered automatically, you would have to use it. (This is Reflex Guard in action while I have my primary out the entire time)

Edited by SgtFlex