The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flamer Weapon

CyberJellos

I would love to see a flamethrower in the game. There will have to be a big fuel tank on the back of a warframe, so you can't equip a melee weapon with this. Instead a bayonet on the flamethrower. I would be both a melee weapon and primary weapon. It's short range would be balanced by area of effect, constant damage, and no reloads.

This weapon is OP. It will kill those grineer rollerballs too easily.

You say that as if it's a problem.

I think what the OP wants is the Heavy Incinerator from Fallout 3/Fallout: New Vegas. It fires a glob of burning napalm that sticks to whatever (or whoever) it hits and burns that patch on the ground (or person) for a good ten or so seconds.

+1 flamer would be nice they could make it so the fire elemental damage mods have no affect on this weapon too. Hell the grineer sorta have a flamer but i honestly dont know why they call it the grineer flamer when it just shoots rocket/shell things

If its gonna be a flame thrower make it a area of effect fan out style flame, rather than the FO3 style incinerator. Id much rather see a grenade launcher ALA grineer heavies' Napalm Launcher when it comes to ranged explosives. 

If its gonna be a flame thrower make it a area of effect fan out style flame, rather than the FO3 style incinerator. Id much rather see a grenade launcher ALA grineer heavies' Napalm Launcher when it comes to ranged explosives. 

The Incincerator launched globs of Napalm, which is fairly close to how actual Flamethrowers work. In real life however, most just shoot a spray of napalm that some mixes burn up to several thousand degrees, and the small flame at the end of the barrel ignites the napalm mixture. I'm not too happy to see most flamethrowers in video games using the short-ranged gas-propellant version.