Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Consumption

ThePresident777

I've heard a number of times that ammo consumption is a thing of sorts.  Running out of ammo is no fun to me.  I just want to Devastate Massive Armies.  But, apparently, it is to others.

I hear the same about energy too.  Some people think it's fun to run out of energy.  Not me.

So, since consumption is a thing for some, I propose consumption based missions, for those interested.  I am by no means proposing that all missions be consumption based.

Ammo dumps could be an objective in ammo consumption based missions.

Energy sources could be an objective in energy consumption based missions.

Health sources could be an objective in health consumption based missions.

Any consumable source could theoretically be a mission objective because the players are motivated to fight for it.

It would be very easy (from my perspective) to have these missions tommorrow (lol) by just taking Survival as the template for various individual consumption based missions producing the Alpha versions of each mission.  They can be tac alerts running any length of time.

Any current endless mission could be converted into a consumption based mission of a sort.  MD could serve as a template too.  It's all a matter of timing, flow, pace.  It's a matter of feel.  This will not feel good to everybody.  Even among those who would be intrigued by this idea, timing, flow, pace would matter, would be make or break.

Further versions could involve a mix of objectives.  It could evolve into a flow of events, strategy, tactics.  Some people would like this.

Such missions could be classified as Desperate Scenarios.

For those not familiar with the phrase:

Warframe: Developer Q&A , Answer to Question 4:

The core is the 4 guys against a massive army.  And, generally speaking, they are devastating. The core is not something like in Gears of War where the one on one is something a bit more balanced.  One Space Ninja against a whole ship of Grineer is the idea.  But, that needs to be balanced by boss battles, and by like desperate scenarios.  But, generally speaking, the whole idea of it, even an old ninja (right?) is that the untrained militia get devastated by a single one.

EDIT:  I'm thinking it may be possible to calculate the flow or pace of a mission.  If one assumes a TTK then a DPS is implied.  DPS implies consumption.  This is certainly true of the simplest scenarios, or toy problems.  It gives a firm foundation from which to proceed from.  Emphasis on Alpha version, development.

I'm thinking of a layered approach, like music.  Metronome, Drummer, Bass Player, Rythm Guitar, Keyboards, Horns, Strings, Lead Guitar, Singers, etc.  Cowbell, MOAR Cowbell..........

Edited by ThePresident777