The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Seraph Warframe {Angel Tenno}

Xamerzan

Hey everyone! With the holidays coming up, I wanted to create and post an idea for a new Warframe. I put a lot of time and dedication into this frame... HOWEVER, these are the base concepts I came up with (and refined) that I thought would work well with this frame. Please, tell me what you think and if you have ideas for other abilities and/or augment mods, please feel free to post them here! I have art in the making, so hopefully I'll get that posted here soon. Hope you all enjoy this concept!

Seraph Warframe (Angel Tenno)

• Seraph Stats

Health: 100 (300 at rank 30)

Shields: 100 (300 at rank 30)

Armor: 150

Power: 100 (175 at rank 30)

Sprint Speed: 1.0

Hidden Passive – When in range of enemies, Seraph occasionally marks a random enemy (1 mark every 30 sec.) for 30 sec. (duration lasts 10 sec. on bosses; assassins are immune). The mark causes enemies to take 5% - 10% increased damage from Seraph's abilities and very lightly heal himself/herself and allies that deal damage to the marked target. The mark has a 50% chance on marked enemy's death to jump to another nearby enemy with the remaining duration with a 10% chance to split into additional marks on other enemies.

• Seraph's Abilities

1. 1. Divine Spear – After a brief charge-up, enemies struck by this skill-shot are impaled and ragdoll until the spear collides with a solid object, leaving them impaled for 1 sec. This deals a fixed amount of damage (increased by Power-increasing mods). Ascension Effect: Enemies affected by the spear remain impaled, pinned, and bleed until Ascension is deactivated.

2. 2. Hallowed Aegis – Places an absorption shield on a nearby friendly Tenno based on whoever is closest to or surrounded by the most enemies (can self-target). Secondary effect: reduces damage the affected Tenno receives by 15/20/25% after the shield is destroyed. Shield lasts 10/15/30 sec. or until destroyed by enemies. Secondary effect triggers based on remaining duration (will not target the same target until the shield or secondary effect wears off). Ascension Effect: Hallowed Aegis affects all friendly Tenno within a set range and increases the shield and secondary effect's strength by 5%.

3. 3. Judgment – When activated, targeted enemy is dealt a set amount of radiation damage (increased by Power-increasing mods) plus additional damage based on the damage targeted enemy has dealt to any other target (bonus damage is a fixed amount for bosses and assassins). Ascension Effect: This ability affects all enemies near the target. Nearby friendly Tenno gain 10/15/20% Overshields based on Seraph's total shield strength.

4. 4. Ascension – Adds additional effects to Seraph's other abilities while active, and slightly increases melee speed; increased 'floating' duration while aiming in mid-air. Chance per-tick to heal nearby allies, or damage nearby enemies. While this form is active, Seraph has a chance to knockback/ragdoll melee enemies when they damage Seraph's shields, or cause a brief radial blind when health damage is received (these effects trigger once every 15 sec.). If Seraph receives lethal damage while in Ascension form, Seraph will explode launching piercing/pinning spears in every direction (Seraph will still need to be revived).

Ascension Side-Note: Wile Ascension is active, cool energy wings appear on the Seraph (similar to Chroma's Effigy wings, but with an entirely different look), is 'floating' off the ground even when moving (no more than a couple inches), and naturally falls slightly slower (the slowfall will be canceled when performing a ground slam with melee). Also their melee combo animation differs for each melee weapon type while in Ascension form.

• Seraph Augment Mods

1. 1. Righteous Division ; Divine Spear Augment – Seraph's Divine Spear now splits up into additional spears in a cone at full charge (total of 2/3/4/5 spears). Charge time is slightly increased.

2. 2. Guardian Angel ; Hallowed Aegis Augment – Seraph's Hallowed Aegis now heals it's target for 5/10/15/20% of their maximum health over the duration.

3. 3. Decisive Hand ; Judgment Augment – Seraph's Judgment can now cause weaker enemies to be knocked over and stagger heavier enemies with a slim chance to knock them over as well. (hidden passive) Marked enemies take 50/75/100% additional damage from Judgment, and the mark is now guaranteed to jump to a nearby enemy with it's duration refreshed. Split chance increased by another 10%.

4. 4. Archangel ; Ascension Augment – When Ascension is activated, Seraph becomes temporarily invulnerable for 1/2/3/4 sec. and heals the frame for 20/30/40/50% of their missing health and 10/15/20/25% of their missing shields.

Edited by Xamerzan

Ah. I've seen several angel themed warframes before, but this one has my interest.

I'm assuming you mean "downed" when you put 'killed' in ascension like that. Otherwise do you mean the form has to last long enough for the player to bleed out before the ability will trigger? Are there cast times for these abilities?

Hard for me to say this feels fully balanced, but it's clearly had some thought put into it. Are you entertaining alternatives?

Regardless, reasonably good post. 

I'm always willing to hear some alternatives! Whether I'll replace them on this particular post or not is irrelevant, since if DE picks up this idea it'll be voted on by the Design Council. You are, of course, more than welcome to entertain some other ideas around this frame!

For the Ascension effect, I wrote 'killed' as opposed to 'downed'. I usually play solo, so in my mind it made sense to specify killed. Downed would be accurate too however; any time Seraph takes lethal damage in Ascension form (whether solo or on a team), he/she will do what was already posted. =)

I'm always willing to hear some alternatives! Whether I'll replace them on this particular post or not is irrelevant, since if DE picks up this idea it'll be voted on by the Design Council. You are, of course, more than welcome to entertain some other ideas around this frame!

For the Ascension effect, I wrote 'killed' as opposed to 'downed'. I usually play solo, so in my mind it made sense to specify killed. Downed would be accurate too however; any time Seraph takes lethal damage in Ascension form (whether solo or on a team), he/she will do what was already posted. =)

I understand. Depending on how the effect resolves (a.k.a. how noticeable it is) I would be concerned I'd miss the trigger and think I was better off (assumed I'd received support from another frame) when in reality, I now have no energy. Also, does this mean if she has a large energy source (Like the deployable energy restores) she could use this ability to prevent death repeatedly from a foe that would normally down her in one hit? 

I understand. Depending on how the effect resolves (a.k.a. how noticeable it is) I would be concerned I'd miss the trigger and think I was better off (assumed I'd received support from another frame) when in reality, I now have no energy. Also, does this mean if she has a large energy source (Like the deployable energy restores) she could use this ability to prevent death repeatedly from a foe that would normally down her in one hit? 

Well, one thing to consider is that most abilities that are toggled prevent you from gaining energy from restore plates. As for the resurrection ability, I imagine that would go on cool-down for... maybe 3+ min.? Just a possible idea, could be more, could be less.

• 3 weeks later...

Overall, this is a strong concept, and the second strong angel theme I've read recently.

Concerns that jumped out at me:

-Judgment's base skill (without the augment, and without ascension synergizing) seems vague, and a little dull. Deals what kind of damage?

-The 'frame would give new meaning to god mode in Warframe, and I cannot see any drawbacks to abusing the immortality abilities and synergy. The 3 min cooldown seems negligible. Consider having some kind of sacrifice on the caster's part to offset it. It feels unbalanced and way overpowered right now, but this is my first impression.

Keep developing, and good job so far.

Edited by Rhekemi

• 3 weeks later...

@Rhekemi

Judgement's damage I believe would deal Radiation Damage... but that's still up for debate. And yes, I agree... this is a pretty bland ability. I'm gonna look over it some and see if I can't make it better. Until then, it'll stay as is.

I nerfed Ascension a bit, so now it no longer saves your life... HOWEVER, it should make it easier for allies to get you up when you fall over. Hope it's relatively sufficient, I might go over it again to refine it some more.

Edited by Xamerzan

• 2 weeks later...