The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Tips/help

Urska

Question

10 answers to this question

Always run with quick thinking + rage. Googling Limbo (Builds, Playstyle etc) can give you some good ideas for the way you want to mod your limbo.

It is alot quicker and will probably provide you with advice on par with most forum opinions anyways.

Will edit with links.

Edit: http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=3&ved=0ahUKEwiayIWVi9PJAhVFeT4KHSo3CH0QtwIIJjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fm.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DHyoJeUMFpOE&usg=AFQjCNHGqJRw2bAztbBZ2eTfU2IMd677OQ

https://m.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/2kg11g/to_everybody_youre_missing_the_point_of_limbo/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/346630-the-way-of-the-limbro-tenets-to-be-a-good-limbo/

Everything you need to know is right in front of you.

Edited by (PS4)thinkfasthippie2

2 setups;

The most common use of Limbo as an assassin with a defensive bubble; low range, high duration - drop Cata on a defense objective / team 'safezone', go off on your own and bring individual targets into the rift with Banish and execute them.

The less common nuke setup is lots of range and strength, use Cata to bring large groups into the rift and nuke em with an AoE weapon, taking advantage of the damage boost from Rift Surge to burn em down quick. Extremely squishy and rather hands on, but does work well.

Banish augment is nice to heal teammates; Rift Surge augment is nice for the second setup, more damage. The Cata augment is pointless; in the first setup not a lot of killing goes on in the bubble, and in the second setup you don't need a long bubble.

Always run with quick thinking + rage. Googling Limbo (Builds, Playstyle etc) can give you some good ideas for the way you want to mod your limbo.

It is alot quicker and will probably provide you with advice on par with most forum opinions anyways.

Will edit with links.

Edit: http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=3&ved=0ahUKEwiayIWVi9PJAhVFeT4KHSo3CH0QtwIIJjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fm.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DHyoJeUMFpOE&usg=AFQjCNHGqJRw2bAztbBZ2eTfU2IMd677OQ

https://m.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/2kg11g/to_everybody_youre_missing_the_point_of_limbo/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/346630-the-way-of-the-limbro-tenets-to-be-a-good-limbo/

Everything you need to know is right in front of you.

100% what i was lookin for

One of the core play styles of limbo is as an assassin. This is done by rift-walking(2), rift-surging(3) and going around banishing(1) enemies to kill them one at a time.Builds can be you choice but the standard plan for this is to have high duration and efficiency, you need some power strength for surge but range can be dropped as needed, Natural Talents to me is a must have as your two main abilities rift-walk(2) and cataclysm(4) have very slow cast times that can leave you, a squishy frame, very vulnerable. If you spring for a exilus slot Constitution works well with limbo builds and throwing a Handspring on him will give you flip up recovery. Kitting your melee weapon out for strong ground finishers can be helpful as your banish knocks down enemies  opening you up to strike very hard. this is very important, some actions enemies can take will stop the knock down from going off, this is a problem as that heavy gunner you thought you were going to drop instead turned and drop a full speed spray into you . The most common action enemies can take to stop the knock down effect is the ground slam so watch out for it when you get super close to some of the heavy units. If for what ever reason you and an enemy are in the rift and you think he will kill you first your fastest action will be to un-banish him. this next part is the most important CLEAN UP YOUR MISTAKES, DON'T LEAVE RANDOM UNITS IN THE RIFT, you will most often be the only person who can really deal with rift enemies so if you leave some shield osprey, or some other aura unit in the rift they will keep buffing their guys and yourr guys will not be able to stop them. Lastly since you cannot pick stuff up in the rift ammo economy is a real concern for you, carrier helps make the most out of your time in the real plan but try to avoid guns that just hose through ammo.

Most important: Don't screw your team just because you decided to play Limbo. That's what seperates good Limbos from bad ones.

For example. I had a Limbo in a T4 Mobile Defese whilst i was playing Frost. Naturally i started setting up a safezone with my bubble. Then came the Limbo...

Instantly placing his bubble over mine (they were nearly identical in size) rendering it pretty much useless to everyone inside since noone could shoot enemies on the outside.

His comment to that was:"Get outside if you wanna shoot something"

The whole team except me went down shortly after. He coninued to do the same thing at the other two consoles.

Now don't get me wrong, everybody is allowed to play the way they want, but i sure as hell didn't revive that particular player once he started going down outside.

With Limbo you influence the game in a very specific way which may not always be beneficial to your teammates. They don't have the tools you do, like rift walk, to actively make use of the rift plane which can make your abilities an annoyance if you're not paying constant attention and switch things up as the circumstances change.

Be creative with Limbo. He is not a substitute for Frost in public groups where you just set up an area of protection and is much more suited for specific teamcomps where every player knows what the Limbo is doing.

He can be extremely useful in rescue missions where you just banish the rescue target so it cannot take any damage.

Edited by Reclusiarch_Grimaldus

Most important: Don't screw your team just because you decided to play Limbo. That's what seperates good Limbos from bad ones.

For example. I had a Limbo in a T4 Mobile Defese whilst i was playing Frost. Naturally i started setting up a safezone with my bubble. Then came the Limbo...

Instantly placing his bubble over mine (they were nearly identical in size) rendering it pretty much useless to everyone inside since noone could shoot enemies on the outside.

His comment to that was:"Get outside if you wanna shoot something"

The whole team except me went down shortly after. He coninued to do the same thing at the other two consoles.

Now don't get me wrong, everybody is allowed to play the way they want, but i sure as hell didn't revive that particular player once he started going down outside.

With Limbo you influence the game in a very specific way which may not always be beneficial to your teammates. They don't have the tools you do, like rift walk, to actively make use of the rift plane which can make your abilities an annoyance if you're not paying constant attention and switch things up as the circumstances change.

Be creative with Limbo. He is not a substitute for Frost in public groups where you just set up an area of protection and is much more suited for specific teamcomps where every player knows what the Limbo is doing.

He can be extremely useful in rescue missions where you just banish the rescue target so it cannot take any damage.

that is what i am scared of doing if i go play him lol. i am not slow or derpy but i dont know every possable thing, but that limbo... that is super derpy :L

Just be prepared for peoples rage and despite the fact some people that will just rage at the fact you're even using a Limbo, try to reflect on what people complain about, talk with your teammates A LOT and ask what they want you to do.

Got a squishy damage dealer that can benefit from passive energy gain? Ask them whether they wanna get banished for protection and energy. Your Frost just waiting in the globe after he set up the safe zone. Banish for energy regain. Many Frosts will just wait there till enemies enter the globe anyway.

Banish people in spy mission so lasers don't affect them.

Set your bubble in hallways that enemies have to pass through so they get damaged before entering the area your team is defending and let the frost take care of the objective.

Use your bubbe as a failsafe, should your frosts not be strong enough (some lo lvl players in higher mission).

Just a few ideas. Like i said, talk to people. Explain yourself and what your trying to accomplish. Only do things when necessary.

There's no need for Limbos annoying effects when the frost has no problem holding his bubble and the team is killing mobs fast anyway. Once S#&$ hits the fan be prepared to set things right.

Just be prepared for peoples rage and despite the fact some people that will just rage at the fact you're even using a Limbo, try to reflect on what people complain about, talk with your teammates A LOT and ask what they want you to do.

Got a squishy damage dealer that can benefit from passive energy gain? Ask them whether they wanna get banished for protection and energy. Your Frost just waiting in the globe after he set up the safe zone. Banish for energy regain. Many Frosts will just wait there till enemies enter the globe anyway.

Banish people in spy mission so lasers don't affect them.

Set your bubble in hallways that enemies have to pass through so they get damaged before entering the area your team is defending and let the frost take care of the objective.

Use your bubbe as a failsafe, should your frosts not be strong enough (some lo lvl players in higher mission).

Just a few ideas. Like i said, talk to people. Explain yourself and what your trying to accomplish. Only do things when necessary.

There's no need for Limbos annoying effects when the frost has no problem holding his bubble and the team is killing mobs fast anyway. Once S#&$ hits the fan be prepared to set things right.

will rember that when i play with randoms, i mainly play with my rl friends and all, but stuff like this is nice to know when i pug it

Honestly, one of the only times I feel a need to use Limbo is when I'm soloing.

You can use him very effectively to solo excavation missions.

Mod him to where he has negative range and high duration. And of course, you need more health and shields because of how squishy he can be.

Just put your bubble NEXT TO the excavator; not directly on it, but close enough that it's completely safe and it allows you to give it power. There you go, easy solo core farming.

Only other time I use him is when I'm trying to beat my score on the obstacle course, cause he's tall and lanky.