The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Movement And Concept Of Builds

Palamudin

So far after 600 hours of active playing i have come to belive that a lot of your issues with nerfing skills of warframes should be resolved by additionaly customizing warframe itself via additional skill tree.

At the moment we have a TANK capable of finishing a raid in 3:50 seconds just using repetitive motion of jump duck and attack while sprinting. Mind you i have failed to maximize my movement and the video presented in my update will provide the reasoning for what i want to convey.

We have different people, different warframes and trough those differences another one emerges. how a person uses its warframe, how does it perceive the benefits and the downfalls, it goes down to creativity within the gameplay itself.

Its excellent that you enable wall walking, im amazed with the grap hook idea (that one changed q1 1v1 deathmatch so much :) so i am looking forward to that one if it comes to life) and i see that you pay attention to the feedback of the community (hence the nerfs and buffs of already existing weapons)

So how little jimmy thinks this could be solved.

If you look at the prototype for instance where you are at demigod potential on similar scale you can see that they funneled the growth of the character within skill trees of desired approach to an objective.

This method could easily be applied here on yet uncharted ground of WHAT realy personalized warframe looks like and could give further look at what warframe is.

We could apply modular approach to different parts of the body allowing for different ways of evolving warframe itself so endgame would be different for every warframe player.

That way it could be allowed  to use rhino with his skill set for fast paced combat but not be tanky enough or be a pillar of confidence for whole team but slow as hell, u could have different builds of every character ingame and allow much more space to further develop the lore and the influence (giving it more space to grow).

Well that's it for now, rendering is almost complete so ill upload a bit later when i'm not playing...

Cheerz and keep up the good work.

Edited by Palamudin

Not on weapons, im talking Warframe bodies. trees for armor, skill proficiency, speed, acrobatics and numerous other things that actually define warframe body and its abilities.

ACTUAL EXAMPLE

HEAD: sight capabilities (important for stealth player)
Cone vision (enabling to see what enemies actually cover with their sight)

Heat detection (enabling to see footprints and near enemies)

Far vision (some people actually turn off their dof/blur settings for better sniping that aint right -.-)

so on...

Arms:

Shooting stability. (influences mass and inertia)

Weapon class ability (influences mass and inertia)

Weapon carrying ability (influences mass and inertia)
so on...

Torso:
Overall armor ability (influences mass and inertia)

Overall agility (influences mass and inertia)

Overall stamina (influences mass and inertia)

and so on...

Legs:
Overall speed: (influences mass and inertia)

Overall rush speed (influences mass and inertia)

Overall sliding capabilities (influences mass and inertia)
and so on...

and you unlock these as you rank mind you.

Edited by Palamudin

Something like this?

Mods and modslots remain in game.

Passive bonuses are removed - players are instead given a new "passive skill tree".

The skill tree has more points than there will be points to put into it (like most of them do).

The bonuses in the skill tree are lvl-tied.

There is a "Potatoe" but it will not give you enough points to fill the tree.

There would be different starting points in the tree, not a simple "everyone starts here 1:st point" (I hate those).

There would be special "end of the branch" bonuses that gave special rewards but perhaps taking more than one point (or having a opposite nerf: +5% speed - 15% armor), or being quite a bit away so that you would have to really considder the amount of points put into it.

Passives could be:
Speed (walk and run)

HP (life)

SP (shield)

Energy (for skills)

Armor (damage reduction)

Speed eob (end of branch):
1: weapon switch speed: switching from main to secondary is almost instant, a portion of stammina is taken away (reserved)

2: Lethal kicks: crouch jumps now do substantial damage if they hit enemies, no idea for nerf, if even needed

Armor eob:

1: Unbreakable: base armor is increased (Steel fiber becomes more efficiant), knockdown recovery is slower

2: Added momentum: melee swing type weapons gain additional cleave damage.

HP eob:

1 Last stand: Reaching 1 HP activates a 3 second shield where a user cannot be damaged (once every 1.5 min) Reserves 50 energy.

2 Medical expertise: Any health restoration is doubled (skills, gear, even allies gain twice the amount of life restored via gear/skills) -40% armor.

SP eob:

1: Eruption: When shields reach 0 they crack and erupt in a enegy nova stunning any nearby enemies and providing 15 energy to any allies. Shield eruptions damages the frame -20 hp.

2: Hard shield: A shield that has more 90% of its "hit points" left reduces all incoming damage by 50%. 1.5 seconds added to shield restoration start.

Energy:
Distributor: All energy not used by the player is added to nearest ally, also gains 10% of teams energy pickups. -10% elemental resistance.

Energy signature: Using a skill 2 times in a row lowers the energy cost of the second usesage by 30%. -5% speed.

This is only some ideas and can of course be altered all together. But it could open up some doors.

Not on weapons, im talking Warframe bodies. trees for armor, skill proficiency, speed, acrobatics and numerous other things that actually define warframe body and its abilities.

ACTUAL EXAMPLE

HEAD: sight capabilities (important for stealth player)

Cone vision (enabling to see what enemies actually cover with their sight)

Heat detection (enabling to see footprints and near enemies)

Far vision (some people actually turn off their dof/blur settings for better sniping that aint right -.-)

so on...

Arms:

Shooting stability. (influences mass and inertia)

Weapon class ability (influences mass and inertia)

Weapon carrying ability (influences mass and inertia)

so on...

Torso:

Overall armor ability (influences mass and inertia)

Overall agility (influences mass and inertia)

Overall stamina (influences mass and inertia)

and so on...

Legs:

Overall speed: (influences mass and inertia)

Overall rush speed (influences mass and inertia)

Overall sliding capabilities (influences mass and inertia)

and so on...

and you unlock these as you rank mind you.

OOh that's cool :) I like it.

You could detail those to frame specification (frost would be best for heat vision upgrade on his helmet lorewise, loki and ash for cone vision of enemies and detection meter of how visible they are and so on covering all frames with overall stats but some exclusively for each frame per lore and ofc different eob's as Lactamid mentioned per frame and build).

Here's the part of the speed run.

http://youtu.be/7U1ujbLmHd8

http://youtu.be/63gv9ZkqJ3A

Edited by Palamudin

Really great and fantastic idea so far makes the top 5 ideas i have seen on the forum, but i don't think DE will ever go for it just because it takes so much work to do to customize and make every warframe different with the skill tree and the whole customization. I would love to see a skill tree built in here and the idea of a potato giving you more skill points would make more people buy there damn potatoes.

Well, if DE don't ... fully explore the potencial of WARFRAME, some company will ...

but ..keep in mind that Simplicity is what it make WarFrame... Warframe. and not another Hack n Shoot n Slash game with skill tress and complexity all over the place..

Well .. But I do like the -Hi-tech Ninja concept... can be hard for other company to do something alike warframe.

That can be optional, for people that want the frame that off Tenno lore as is can have predefined class sets that would be balanced as they are so people that don't want to change a thing wouldn't have to suffer (mind you movement abusers would feel the pain if they would take standard build rhino with no possibilities to hack move).

Edited by Palamudin