Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Melee Weapon Concept] Durge - Energy Tonfa Blade

Aspari

So take this.

350_predator-maul-blade_2.jpg

Increase the length of the blade by 50% then add energy lining along the sharp part of the blade. (The energy lining can be colored.)

Durge was crafted using knowledge of an ancient Earth civilization combined with Corpus energy technology. The blade's efficacy has no rival among other blades. It sacrifices heavy up-front damage for extremely fast and precise strikes that not only cleanly cut but also cut through the air itself. 

(This weapon comes with its own attack animation which would guarantee most of the strikes not missing the target due to lunging on every strike.)

Weapon type: Elbow Blade

Damage type: Serrated Blade

Base damage: 10 per attack (Strikes 4 times per melee button input.) + (base*50%) energy wave (Energy wave occurs on every strike. Energy waves travel 5 meters from the point of attack. Reach increases the range.)

Charge damage: Same as base.

Charge time: 1.5 seconds

Critical chance: 30% (0% chance of crit from energy waves)

Critical damage: 125%

Attack speed: 2.0

Number of inputs before attack animation recycles: 4.

Reason for charge attack being the way it is:

After completing the charge time, the Tenno lunges forward striking anything that's in their way. After a short delay, each target suffers 10 lacerations dealing the base damage of Durge 10 times (increases with Killing Blow instead of Pressure Point).

Edited by Aspari

-

"Critical chance:30%" this made me LoL

Sad part is I can see it, considering he put 125% Crit Damege and 10 Base damege... Looks interesting in a way but would be insanely underpowered even with dat armor ignore. Be fun for a crit build I guess but dunno how much you could scale it up. We need more crit build weps ingame anyhow, especially melee as only Melee weps that I see viable for crit builds are Dual Zoren (Dual Cleavers are ugly as f) So having a low damege, fast armor ignore melee wep would be a good change of pace.

These would be considered Elbow Blades more than Tonfas, tonfas are more striking weapons, while this is much more a slicing weapon. Think Talim from Soul Calibur.

Definately would be fun though, Elbow blades are awesome, and would definitely fit into Warframe really well. Though I do think the damage should be scaled up a bit, this should sort of be like an alternative to the Kogake, so it should have approximately the same damage as it does. So around 25 damage or so would be decent, and would make it a bit more viable. Maybe 20 damage if the attack speed is a decent chunk faster than the Kogake's own.

signed seems cool though, I'd like to see it in game.

Zylo the Wolfbane

These would be considered Elbow Blades more than Tonfas, tonfas are more striking weapons, while this is much more a slicing weapon. Think Talim from Soul Calibur.

Definately would be fun though, Elbow blades are awesome, and would definitely fit into Warframe really well. Though I do think the damage should be scaled up a bit, this should sort of be like an alternative to the Kogake, so it should have approximately the same damage as it does. So around 25 damage or so would be decent, and would make it a bit more viable. Maybe 20 damage if the attack speed is a decent chunk faster than the Kogake's own.

signed seems cool though, I'd like to see it in game.

Zylo the Wolfbane

Thanks for your input and correcting me on the terminology. 

For the actual damage, I had to put it at 10 since it made more sense with having special effects go with the basic attacks. So the actual damage for Durge unranked is 10*4 (40 total) + 5*4(20 total) = 60 damage at unranked against level 1 Grineer on the first melee button input. So it's actually 240 damage total after all 4 attack animations hit, assuming Durge doesn't crit. Even after I reduced a bit of the numbers on the energy wave portion of the attack, those numbers seem a bit too much at unranked. 

• 4 weeks later...