This is basically a repost because I never knew this subforum existed until a week ago. Embarrassing but it lets me edit my thoughts. Also the ideas stated are abstract, The costs may be too little/too much for the advantage given but I've laid them out anyway.
-1. Long intro
Here's some ideas I had based around ways a player could protect themselves, avoid danger, or even return damage in combat with a change to the block button.
(NOTE: I liked the idea of these being frame mods when i made my first thread but now i'm not sure if these could be frame powers, weapon mods, or a specially slotted mod like aura is.)
(NOTE 2: Stances cant be equipped at the same time as conventional block mods or with other stances)
0. Default block
1. Counter-block (7 mod points with 10 max, V polarity) (Every upgrade amps up the damage of the melee/range counterattack by 50% up to 300% and gives you a bit more time to counter)
2. Bullet reflection (4 mod points with 8 max, - polarity) (Upgrades amp up the reflect damage up to 120%)
3. Radial bullet-dodge (10 mod points with 15 max, V polarity) (Every upgrade decreases the stamina drain)
4. Water stance (4 mod points with 8 max, Defense polarity) (TOGGLES)
(does not drain stamina) (A little more overall melee damage while in-stance with every upgrade. Maybe 5%)
5. Mountain stance (12 mod points with 15 max, Defense polarity) (TOGGLES) (drains energy) (Each upgrade raises the damage threshold and lowers the energy cost by 1)
6. Wind stance (12 mod points with 15 max, V polarity) (TOGGLES) (does not drain stamina) (Each upgrade increases melee attack speed and melee/stun resistance in-stance, and decreases melee stamina usage)
7. Life return stance (4 mod points with 15 max, Defense polarity) (TOGGLES) (Each upgrade increases the regen speed. At max a frame with 2000 health can regenerate from 100 over 15 seconds while the unraked version will take a full two minutes)
6. Grab (10 mod points with 17 points max, V polarity) (Each upgrade increases the throw range and damage, decreases the stamina drain, and increases damage from attacks on grabbed enemies)
Edited by sewens, 05 December 2013 - 09:24 PM.